All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Again, im sure you'd acknowledge its under slightly different circs
  3. My hatred for Southgate aside ....do you think its too late to bring in a replacement for him before the Euro's ? Personally i think it could be just what this squad needs......some sort of organised chaos with a " just let them go and play " attitude rather than the rigid formations and set structures of Southgate......almost like letting boisterous youngsters loose to run wild.......like you said earlier the off pitch stuff is all disciplined and together now so just let them go out and get after teams kill or be killed.
  4. So did everyone else, that's the problem
  5. Or..... Moyse fielding bang average players has won a trophy.....compared to.... Southgate fielding world class players has won nothing. Depends how you're looking at it i suppose.
  6. nice looking place mack, but, a bit to posh for me, the last time i went to an upper class restaurant with my best mates family i got the dagger eyes and shock horror look when i picked up the chop bones to get them tasty bits off with my teeth.......lol
  7. Is he distracting to the changing room though mate, I know he'll get a load off of the fans, but Fergie would've used that IF he was a decent lad bin training, around the dressing room etc.. which we don't know.. So I'm looking at a purely football point of view, he's getting you 15 goals a season, and your struggling for the first half of the season to score...as a manager yeah I think he'd want him
  8. Again,intricate tactics are not my thing but its what Southgate played against Brazil and what he'll resort to any time he feels danger.....for me its just a basic lack of sporting courage it would be like Mike Tyson trying to win on the jab.....no,commit to your own strengths.....be mindful of whats coming back but dont let it dictate your whole game. You're absolute right we are now producing the type of players we always wanted.......who'd of thought it eh !
  9. I won’t excuse you, now you know how I feel pal ! Lol
  10. I think that's pretty much where I am mate, the last Euros was the best since 96, no doubt.. I've never been "we're gonna win it" type with |England, but like you say you can genuinely hope now... these lads are so young that, Kane is still only 30 ffs! that the next manager will have the most mature set of youngsters we have ever had, with a new crop not far behind, we're finally doing it the right way, like Spain, Holland, Germany have for years
  11. Im just finished with Southgate mate i cant stand the sight of him anymore and getting all bitter and twisted about the cxxt you'll have to excuse me !!
  12. Do you ?…..that’s surprising mate. I wouldn’t have thought Ten Haag was the type to want all that around him at all ?
  13. Yeah maybe so mate, but they have to make a final decision soon, they've papered over and given room to breathe, but will have to sale him this summer if they aren't having him back...and then explain the reason, as I said I reckon Hag would have him in a heart beat, but won't be his decision
  14. No, they have achieved playing absolute shite…..that’s the point.
  15. I think the FA have made massive strides in investing the game, I could be wrong but I read they had helped with 6000 new pitches at grass roots level. Compared to the FAI it’s night and day what the FA do. I think Keane hits the nail on the head with England fans before every tournament with his little quip of “Oh, you’ve won it already again” ……bang on ! Im not really one for manager stats because if their football is shit then it’s shit but Southgate is second only to Capello except the difference is he has created something where lads like us are gassing like we really
  16. I don't think the Chelini or Ramos type player would play as high a line to rely on VAR offside decisons mate, they want to defend in the truest form, tackle, hold, grapple, fight etc.. stepping up on the halfway line aint exactly their style.. so I think we are in the same boat as ever against those types and that's unlocking them, we certainly have the players for it... I think they've both retired now havent they? not sure,.. but there ain't many of those types about...
  17. Not sure i follow what you're getting at mate......unless of course you think West Ham have under achieved lately ?
  18. We probably see it very similarly mate, I agree with your sentiment entirely, I'm just looking at it very factually and with "normal world" hat on... but like you say we could go round in circles whilst probably thinking very much the same way! lol
  19. Here’s one, who thinks VAR will weaken us ? How would you get used to playing against a Chiellini or Ramos type character, who play in country’s where it don’t exist, when every week you have that silly protection in your domestic league ?
  20. I never liked the 2 defensive midfielder system either mate, but just off the Belgium game he didn't play that, only Rice held. I don't think Foden had a very good game to be honest, that happens, Mainoo and Bellingham shined and Maddison looked good when he came on. I agree though, Southgate has come as far as he can and the next man has the golden opportunity of a lifetime. I hope (obviously) we win the Euros, and I think we will look back on this period as Englands transition from old to new, we are now producing the type of players we always wanted to, I get that comes from the clubs but t
  21. Thats my whole issue mate.....Southgate doesnt learn from these things and will do exactly the same the next time and the next time.
  1. Load more activity