All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Neal

Walking

A few years ago my wife and some of her work colleagues got into the whole "a certain number of steps per day to keep healthy" thing. They all used an app on their phone and whoever did the most each week got some kind of prize (probably chocolate!). I asked if I could join in for a laugh. I gave up after a couple of weeks as my daily amount was roughly their weekly amounts. On one day I was ill and bed-ridden. As we all know, bed-ridden means can't get out of bed for anything...but I'll still walk the dogs though. I still won that day. Like you, I grew up as a walker as neither of m
  3. Reminds me of when some mates came up from London one you know well mate who i have mentioned before and a couple of his brother's and we went to have a drink in a pub in Mexborough to see some other dog lads one called Barney who had a few bulldogs and the local hard man and a few of his mates came up to one of us at the bar and started being a clever feker within a short time the place looked like an heard of elephant's had gone through the gaff with a few of the local idiots wishing they had been more respectful lol. I heard a wile after from a local to the area that these clowns had heard
  4. Neal

Work boots

Redbacks! Made in Australia, very comfy, with or without steel toes and with or without laces. Mine were retired to "just gardening boots" a few years ago, but I still occasionally give in and pop them on again to go to the shops as they're so comfy. I did consider getting a replacement pair but my mother-in-law had just bought me some oxblood DMs for general wear so I didn't. Would probably get another pair when the DMs wear out. Edited to add: be careful with the sizing though as in Australia 1/2 sizes don't mean half a size bigger, they mean a little wider but the same length.
  5. Ya should told the 2 boys ya take them both outside let them walk out ahead of ya then just lock the door behind them. Go back into bar tell girls back in behind bar do there job and everybody else shut the f**k up Gnasher talking
  6. Anyone hunt with border counties mink hounds?
  7. Today
  8. Bear on the first pic followed by Rose on the second & the pair of idiot's together on the third up on the high ground in Scotland.
  9. WILF

Work boots

I have a pair at the moment for precisely that reason, easy to slip on and off when I’m in and out round my little farm yard…..in reality they are f***ing awful and if I had to be in them all day I’d never own a pair in a million years, you just couldn’t function.
  10. Few photos of my Mrs pup at 8 1/2 month's old these past few day's whilst out & about.
  11. WILF

Work boots

They will make a leather water proof version of those I’m almost sure, all our military boots have a leather version that are water proof.
  12. TOMO

Work boots

Yes we do alot of work on MOD bases and you can't wear Rigger boots they are banned....not that I would as wilf says lase up far better...I'm in a pair of Dewalt at the mo...also got the Dewalt Prostrech trousers by far the most comfortable trousers I've worn for work
  13. So due to getting rid of the 50 something feral cats that where all around the area the squirrel population has boomed around he house. I know growing up it was kinda rare to see a squirrel or chipmunk unless you went a good lil ways off in the woods but now I have a nice lil population of common grey and red fox squirrels around the house. They're really pretty lil critters and don't cause any real problems so we just let them do their thing , even put out a little corn feeder for them along with the pecan trees. Will say though lil b*****ds have been getting bold . Will be in the car port wo
  14. We've all done it Terry been out and taken a image with quarry. Look at these that go on game shoots over continent. Stood there with the foot on the quarry or holding the head up on the beasts. So we can't just knock youngens. They just need educating. It's okay to take an image just don't put it on public forums. Some have put images up on here. Back in the day I've done it.
  15. Brilliant It's fathers & grandfathers dreams for their children to take up the hobby's they've done for years. Passing the skills on. My skills are shite with a catty. A showed my lad how to hold & shoot the catty & he's better than me . Same with the air riffle , a showed him how to look down the scopes and aim. Got to the point that he knew best like kids do. Lol.
  16. If you have an American one, as soon as you up date it they stop working here.
  17. Blue Steel think them Aussie made last well comfy and not bad in water bout £75 good for giving the lazy brummies a kick t liven em up
  18. https://youtu.be/XQKxP8rUk1I?feature=shared
  19. It's strange that they carry this disease Green Finches. My pal years ago used to collect eggs from green finches. Many song birds. Think back in the 50s & 60s it was the norm egg collecting. He used to collect eggs plus keep birds. And he told me about the Green Finch & this disease. Told me don't buy any Green finches off guys you don't really know. Because they may of been wild caught.
  20. A bit cold for this but enjoyed it anyway.
  21. Never had or wore a pair mate. I suppose what they were intended for and that was working on riggs out at sea were they could be kicked off easily if one was to fall in the sea they had their purpose but seeing some one driving a fork truck in a pair I found amusing. Lol
  22. The herd is migrating to pastures new to feed on the succulent fresh grass,the human herd is on the move.
  23. I remember when riggers were de-rigueur on sites,in reality they were crap.
  24. Used to make me laugh when I worked on building sites and demolition lads who wore rigger boots and were for ever taking them off to empty shite that had fell down them.
  1. Load more activity