OTTERS

Guest reload

A mate saw a Dog a few weeks ago on a local river!! Looks like we have afew now which is great!! Keep looking for Otter signs but aint seen any myself.....I am told the spraint smell of violet?? not sure if that true

• 2 weeks later...

My mate was on his way stalking last weekend and he found one on the side of the road, he pulled over and put it into the back of his van.

I took some photos of it for theVWT and asked them did they want it for their study's, had an email back saying they didn't need the otter, but told me to get in touch with the Enviroment Agency who are doing a survey on otter's.

It was a dog otter weighing 14lb, and it was 40 inches in length. It's a pity such a fine creature had to get run over like it did.

Anyway here's a few photo's :good:

OTTER1.jpg

OTTER4.jpg

OTTER5.jpg

SINDASOX :good:

:angry: well, despite spending every spare moment out in the countryside, i have never , ever seen an otter....i fished the river all summer long since i was 12 years old....found ther odd artificial holts the wildlife trusts have put in.....plastic pipe :sick:

I saw one years a go in the Scotish borders, I am told there is some living on the river on the edge of the town I originate from in Scotland never used to be any there thats for sure.

The one thing that is indigenouse to the UK that I have not been fortunate enough to see in the wild is the pine martin.

Dave