This time of year Kay, you may find them not really attracting many birds.....but i wouldnt worry about them melting......

Shall i just get some seed then ? or wont they bother much with that either

to be perfectly candid Kay , i have never had much faith in fat balls for anything save tits. i know soem others have had good results, but not I.

the very best food for birds (garden birds|) from now until september is live food...but its just so darn expensive.....

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This time of year Kay, you may find them not really attracting many birds.....but i wouldnt worry about them melting......

Shall i just get some seed then ? or wont they bother much with that either

to be perfectly candid Kay , i have never had much faith in fat balls for anything save tits. i know soem others have had good results, but not I.

the very best food for birds (garden birds|) from now until september is live food...but its just so darn expensive.....

Oh they can get there own food then , i will leave the ones hanging out & see if anything feeds on them

Guest buster321c
Sean3513 , i can see youreading this , you thought it was another thread named after you did`nt you :whistling:

roflmao how do you know :laugh:

Cause he walks like John Wayne

:D

Sean3513 , i can see youreading this , you thought it was another thread named after you did`nt you :whistling:

roflmao how do you know :laugh:

Cause he walks like John Wayne

:D

I will take your word for that :laugh:

Best thing I have found is sunflower hearts, or niger seed, less mess, and nothing grows that you cant pull up. ;)

I will leave the ones i have put out for now , theres loads of birds here for the first time in years & i really would like them to start to use the garden a bit & maybe get some half decent photos

Might pay me to get seed for the winter though

Best thing I have found is sunflower hearts, or niger seed, less mess, and nothing grows that you cant pull up. ;)

I will leave the ones i have put out for now , theres loads of birds here for the first time in years & i really would like them to start to use the garden a bit & maybe get some half decent photos

Feed all year round, this years fledgelings will visit your bird table all winter once they get used to it, and then hopefully the will in turn fetch there young, then get a bigger bird table the year after. :icon_redface::D

Feed all year round, this years fledgelings will visit your bird table all winter once they get used to it, and then hopefully the will in turn fetch there young, then get a bigger bird table the year after. :icon_redface::D

Me dads good with wood i will see if he wont build a nice bungalow for the birds :laugh:

Me dads good with wood i will see if he wont build a nice bungalow for the birds :laugh:

Will put a pic up of mine when I get a minute, we get all sorts, goldcrests, siskins, woodpeckers, odd brambling, never know what may turn up. :)

[Feed all year round, this years fledgelings will visit your bird table all winter once they get used to it, and then hopefully the will in turn fetch there young, then get a bigger bird table the year after. :icon_redface::D

Will put a pic up of mine when I get a minute, we get all sorts, goldcrests, siskins, woodpeckers, odd brambling, never know what may turn up. :)

saw a green woodpecker last week far to quick for me to get a photo though , oh i heard my first cuckoo on sun morning as well

yes please do put a pic of your table up , be nice to see who has what & maybe steal a few ideas for my one

Unless you've got a corner of the garden where you can, 'grow your own!' :bad::D

So Kay

Did you get round to asking that farmer about ferreting on his land Kay ? you said you might have a word , just wondered how you got on :D

I did & he said no :no: he has a chap to sort it for him

Unless you've got a corner of the garden where you can, 'grow your own!' :bad::D

What grow your own worms :laugh: