I have hung some fat balls out in the garden as were inundated with song birds for the first time in donkeys yrs here, i want to know has anyone had any experience of them melting in the sun thats all really

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you've what? (sniggers..what he do rong?)...

Fat balls , do they melt in the sun , agreed not the sort of question you get asked very often but i need to know :laugh:

bloody brother in law hung them up on his shed next thing he had rats under the shed feeding on the bit the birds dropped

Because i dont have a bird table i have hung them up on a hanging basket bracket but if they melt if its really warm i will have to put them in a container so need something flat to put the container on , i dont want to use the shed roof as there is the odd cat still about

Guest buster321c

Kay , you should make your own . Melt some lard and put bird seed into it , works a treat , and sunflower hearts are real good for gettin the birds in . Jolleys is the cheapest for seed , pick your own type of thing ,atb Buster

Kay , you should make your own . Melt some lard and put bird seed into it , works a treat , and sunflower hearts are real good for gettin the birds in . Jolleys is the cheapest for seed , pick your own type of thing ,atb Buster

I did think about doing some here with bird seed & lard it might be worth getting the seed anyway & getting me dad to make a bird table as well

never heard of them melting... lard would though sureley?

Its a right pain having nowhere to put any away from the fences as i dont want any cats to get the birds

This time of year Kay, you may find them not really attracting many birds.....but i wouldnt worry about them melting......

Shall i just get some seed then ? or wont they bother much with that either