Guest 2GOOD

Been for two trips to the Forest of Dean with mates and haven't even seen a anything whilst there! :cry: obviously in the wrong part, maybe one day!

Beautiful countryside though.

IMAG0018-2.jpg

IMAG0034.jpg

I'm sure some locals will recognise the view... Would I need to go East or South East from there to photogragh some wildlife!!!

ive shot boar on that farm...so your near but that was 18 months ago on top of the wood behind the farm....

yes you have helped to thin them out ,that is why no one else gets to see them ,even females with young in them ,all to save a land owners bit of grass ,that will be your excuse .
  • 3 weeks later...

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stopping and holding boars is not a matter of size or weight in dogs, it's a function of heart and technique. We use dogs down to 25kgs and they'll swing off whatever boar sticks its head up. There ar

there are two sets of pics, aren't there; shane's action pics are from NZ (southern cross is red not white) and not sure where Bull's haul of game were taken.....(not that we need exact location)?  

LOL get a grip theres a few lads that have been taking feral pigs with their dogs for a little while now,and there not getting smashed to pieces either.

found this site through monteria boarhunting site. www.dogocazador.com.ar/ and click on hunting photos theres a wounded dog section.and these are dogos getting ripped,how many hunters carry that sort of first aid kit too.makes you think about setting your dogs on boar doesnt it. cry.gif

YOU CAN GET AMOUR JACKETS FOR DOGS MADE OF KEVLAR AND MASSIVE COLLARS TO MATCH HAVE A LOOK ON THE NET IN AMERICA THEY'VE BEEN TAKING PIGS WITH DOGS OVER THERE FOR CENTURYS IF YOUR GONNA SEND THEM IN YOU WILL NEED ONE

IM UP FOR A GO IF ANY ONE ELSE IS DONE A BIT IN N.Z,

BUT UR DOGS CAN AND MOST OFTEN DO GET HURT AND COLLARS ARE A MUST AND IF U WANNA BE SAFE A VEST IS GOOD TOO??

AS REGARDS BOWS N CROSS BOWS YOU NEED ENOUGH FPS BROAD HEADS AND EVEN THEN THEY CAN STILL RUN OR CHARGE A GOOD 100M @ TIMES?

A RIFFLE IS BEST WELL OVER PLINKING 22S, AND IF YOU HAVE A GUN Y USE THE DOGS IN THAT WAY??

IN N.Z I USED 2-4 DOGS AND A BOW N PIG STICK,1 DOG TO FIND EM 1 TO GUARD ME AND THEN THE EXTRA 2 IF I WANT TO BAIL EM N HOLD EM ?

What dogs did you use?

WE USE PIT CROSSES IN N.Z MOSTLY AND IN THE UK WE USE A PRESSA CROSS ROTTWIELER, BULLGREYHOUJND, AMERICAN BULLDOGS, BULL CROSSES, A BORDER COLLIE CROSS PATTERSDALE TERRIER FOR BAILING, WE ALSO ARE CURRENTLY TRAINING A FEW ALANO ESPANOL FOR THE FUTURE

IN MY EXPERIENCE YOU NEED A SOLID DOG TO HOLD EM BULL GREYHOUNDS HAVE THE SPEED BUT YOU NEED THE MUSCLE TO TAKE THE ABBUSE THE BOAR DISH OUT, TRAINING THEM TO HOLD THE EARS AND STAY OUT THE TUSKS AND ITS BETTER OFF IF YOU USE FERAL PIGS TO START TRAINING THE DOGS BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT AS DIFFICULT TO TAKE DOWN,A CROSS BOW HELPS???? ANYONE UP FOR GOING OUT IM UP IN ESSEX GIVE ME CALL 07743298775

got a friend in the USA who uses boerboels says they can keep up and hold the biggest boars.

Stopping and holding boars is not a matter of size or weight in dogs, it's a function of heart and technique. We use dogs down to 25kgs and they'll swing off whatever boar sticks its head up. There are a lot of myths about boars. They are tough and can kill dogs, no doubt but one or two dogs can do the lot, find them, stop them and hold them until you can stick them. They might not hold them absolutely still but the man on foot is required to do a little as well. If you have faith in your dogs and they are prepared to die on the pig rather than let you get hit, you just have to keep going forward, get hold of the boar's back leg and get the knife into his chest or flip him on his side and stick in the throat.

Cheers.

• Like 2

ve video footage of dogs from my bitchs pedigree,american bulldogs hines type they are used on all sizes of boar some 500 plus,they have cut vesyts on some of the dogs but i have a lot of footage of dogs with no vests or collars all the dogs have excellent movement and have the sense to get their bodie out of the way while still having a grip and not letting go,i also have a lot of footage of dogos on boar i wasnot overly impressed with the dogo most of the ones i saw were only biting with the front teeth although there was a couple of good dogs where as the am bull was biting with a full bite every time a much better dog imo and probabally why the americans wideley use the am bull for boar hunting,i have been to the forest of dean but we saw signs but no more i would love to go and them and am interested in going with anyone sensible on here im in hereford i would take my bitch no vest no collar to run with there dogs pm if interested ,some good reading on this post :thumbs:

would love to go to Oz and do abit over there must be a great crack :thumbs:

There are thousands of blokes over here who hunt pigs with dogs and knives. And mate it is great. There are a few pix of boars on my thread in the boar and pig hunting section on the this forum. But please if you blokes are considering putting a dog on a proper big boar, give your dog some protection. The dog is a big chance to get cut up without it. A hard dog will still hold them but he or she will get unzipped on a bad boar.

Cheers.

would love to go to Oz and do abit over there must be a great crack :thumbs:

There are thousands of blokes over here who hunt pigs with dogs and knives. And mate it is great. There are a few pix of boars on my thread in the boar and pig hunting section on the this forum. But please if you blokes are considering putting a dog on a proper big boar, give your dog some protection. The dog is a big chance to get cut up without it. A hard dog will still hold them but he or she will get unzipped on a bad boar.

Cheers.

Yep Neds onto it there, its a foolish man who hunts holders without a least a rip collar. My main bitch is only about 20kg and can and will hold everything I got a mate who catch's heaps of pis and his main bitch is only 25kg never bailed and held 140/150 pound plus boars by her self. It has nothing to do with the size of the dog its all in the top two inch's, the dog has to want that pig without that its just another mutt

ve video footage of dogs from my bitchs pedigree,american bulldogs hines type they are used on all sizes of boar some 500 plus,they have cut vesyts on some of the dogs but i have a lot of footage of dogs with no vests or collars all the dogs have excellent movement and have the sense to get their bodie out of the way while still having a grip and not letting go,i also have a lot of footage of dogos on boar i wasnot overly impressed with the dogo most of the ones i saw were only biting with the front teeth although there was a couple of good dogs where as the am bull was biting with a full bite every time a much better dog imo and probabally why the americans wideley use the am bull for boar hunting,i have been to the forest of dean but we saw signs but no more i would love to go and them and am interested in going with anyone sensible on here im in hereford i would take my bitch no vest no collar to run with there dogs pm if interested ,some good reading on this post :thumbs:

AM I NOT SENSIBLE????

SEND ME UR EMAIL AND I WILL SHOW YOU SOME OF OUR DOGS,

NOT SURE HOW FAR FOREST OF DEAN IS FROM ME BUT NO WORRIES.

I THINK THERE ARE ALOT OF PEOPLE WHO ARE DOUGHTING ABILITY OF HUNTERS AND THERE DOGS.

I LOVE ALL MY DOGS AND NEVER PUT THEM AT RISK. (BUT THEY LOVE TO WORK)

COLLARS ARE A MUST(LIKE SEAT BELTS U CAN DRIVE FINE WITH OUT THEM BUT [bANNED TEXT] IT GOES WRONG UR FKED)

AS FOR THE CLEVER CLOGS COMMENTING ON MY LAST POSTS BROAD HEADS ON CROSS BOWS ARE ILLEGAL IN THE UK????? BUT IF I WAS GOING TO USE A CROSS BOW TO HUNT I WOULD USE BROAD HEADS,A SCOPE, NIGHT VISSION AND A LAMP.

AS FOR FEET PER SECOND A 22INCH BOLT TRAVERLING AT 355 FPS WILL KILL!! BARNET MAKE A WHOLE RANGE OF HUNTING X BOWS (REVOLUTION, QUAD 400)

WE ARE NOT ALL SILLY BOYS MATE SOME OF US ARE HUNTERS WITH KNOWLEDGE EXPERIENCE AND TOP HUNTING GEAR AND DOGS, MORE THAN CAPABLE OF TAKING BOAR.

I CAME ON HERE TO FIND HUNTING BUDDYS NOT TO BOAST OR HAVE SOME WANNABE ASSUME I DONT HAVE BROAD HEADS, HAVE A CROSS BOW THAT LACKS THE FPS AND UNTRAINED UNLOVED DOGS.. LOOK @ HOOCKED ON BOARS N.Z .COM

AS THEY SAY ASSUME MAKES AN ASS of U n ME

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 years later...
  • 4 months later...
On 09/06/2006 at 13:11, Guest chilli said:

I know of people in this country who have done boar with there dogs , No probs atall but they aint the big fuckers you get these were around the 100ib mark .

i know of people catching wild boar in the uk ive never seen the dog get smashed up