• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stopping and holding boars is not a matter of size or weight in dogs, it's a function of heart and technique. We use dogs down to 25kgs and they'll swing off whatever boar sticks its head up. There ar

there are two sets of pics, aren't there; shane's action pics are from NZ (southern cross is red not white) and not sure where Bull's haul of game were taken.....(not that we need exact location)?  

LOL get a grip theres a few lads that have been taking feral pigs with their dogs for a little while now,and there not getting smashed to pieces either.

makes me wish i was back in nz..... no problems with anits either can walk down the street with no shoes on and a dead pig on ya back an no one cares or pull up in the warehouse car park with a red stag or 2 tied to the trailer and a pig stuffed down front of the bull bar and not get a second look.. bloody love it and wish i had stayed

makes me wish i was back in nz..... no problems with anits either can walk down the street with no shoes on and a dead pig on ya back an no one cares or pull up in the warehouse car park with a red stag or 2 tied to the trailer and a pig stuffed down front of the bull bar and not get a second look.. bloody love it and wish i had stayed

warehouse eh spiderpig "where everyone gets a bargain" yeah nar nar nar nar year cuzzy bro !!!!!!!!!! lol

I'd forgotten I'd started this Topic back in 2006! A lot changes in three years!!!

Turns out I don't just talk the talk after all! (although I think I'm still a p*ssy!!!) LOL After many PM's with a member on here, I got to go on a Boar hunt! (Using Patterdales and a Jaqd Terrier, not Bullcrosses!)

An absolutely amazing experience and one I would love to do again.

101_0318.jpg

101_0325.jpg

IMAG0052.jpg

2007_10270074-kopie.jpg

Size of them tusks, Great photos.....

And just to say i wouldnt want any of my dogs near a feril pig/wild boar...

Thank you, although it obviously wasn't me taking them!

nice haul there :thumbs: how many dogs were you using?

I think my mate had 5 Pats (one was a pup) with him and one Jaqd. Theirs was also various other dogs including a Parsons Russell, several more Jaqd and a couple of French Scenting hounds (forgotten their breed?) and on the second day a guy turned up with a small pack of beagles.

When the dogs caught a fresh scent or sight, then all and sundry was hot on the heels of the boar!!! From the Yap of a Terrier to the Deep howl/bark of the Large Hounds, it was an amazing sound then with the Hunting horns added it certainly got the blood pumping! (until you hear them circling back towards you, your stood in the middle of a narrow ride and you realise they've sent a boar flat out straight at you! LOL

Like I said an amazing experience. :good:

Edited by bullmastiff

warehouse eh spiderpig "where everyone gets a bargain" yeah nar nar nar nar year cuzzy bro !!!!!!!!!! lol

ahahahahhahahahahah dead right mate,go in there wanting nothing come out wi trolly loads of shite hahahahahah

gonna have to try on them boar........

Give us a shout we'll all come and have a go! their's probably enough bull x's on here to pull down an elephant!!!! :laugh:

Seriously if your anywhere near somerset/Dorset border I'm game if you are! ;)

dont forget me bullymastiff! flash wil onyl be to happy to oblige if the first dog runs in the right direction! :doh:

I'd forgotten I'd started this Topic back in 2006! A lot changes in three years!!!

Turns out I don't just talk the talk after all! (although I think I'm still a p*ssy!!!) LOL After many PM's with a member on here, I got to go on a Boar hunt! (Using Patterdales and a Jaqd Terrier, not Bullcrosses!)

An absolutely amazing experience and one I would love to do again.

101_0318.jpg

101_0325.jpg

IMAG0052.jpg

2007_10270074-kopie.jpg

jesus bull! nice pics! got alot more hair there to mate!

gonna have to try on them boar........

Give us a shout we'll all come and have a go! their's probably enough bull x's on here to pull down an elephant!!!! :laugh:

Seriously if your anywhere near somerset/Dorset border I'm game if you are! ;)

dont forget me bullymastiff! flash wil onyl be to happy to oblige if the first dog runs in the right direction! :doh:

LMAO! I'm sure he'd teach mine a thing or two mate, it's in his breeding!

I wish I had shaved me bonce mate, it was roasting that day!!! I changed my clothes three or four times, they were drenched! i also had on a Barbour and a pair of waders with the boots cut off!

That's a nice boar, Mate, my compliments to your hunting team and dogs.

Certainly it can get a bit hairy in the mix. With that in mind, do any of the other guys running down boar with dogs carry first-aid kits for the dogs? Our young dogs run with vest/collar combinations, the older dog with collar only but for me, the medical kit is up there as a worthwhile investment with the dogs well-being first and vet beills second.

Happy hunting to everyone this season!