• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stopping and holding boars is not a matter of size or weight in dogs, it's a function of heart and technique. We use dogs down to 25kgs and they'll swing off whatever boar sticks its head up. There ar

there are two sets of pics, aren't there; shane's action pics are from NZ (southern cross is red not white) and not sure where Bull's haul of game were taken.....(not that we need exact location)?  

LOL get a grip theres a few lads that have been taking feral pigs with their dogs for a little while now,and there not getting smashed to pieces either.

found this site through monteria boarhunting site. www.dogocazador.com.ar/ and click on hunting photos theres a wounded dog section.and these are dogos getting ripped,how many hunters carry that sort of first aid kit too.makes you think about setting your dogs on boar doesnt it. :cry:

true working dog men. had doctors stich me and these guys stiches are better :11: . them dogs are defo bred for the job :clapper:

stopped with a french family few years ago. the dad was a ranger and he showed me some pictures of wild boar shooting. he also showed me the bullet (flat as a pancake.) that he had taken from a boars forhead he had killed. the skin had healed over the bullet. diy metal plating of its skull.

must know what you are doing to take on the boar. he will kill the fool and the fools dog when angered is what the guy said.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest bruno527

sounds like good hunting.......

hows about letting all the larger game / animals breed for 12 mths +, lets take out limited numbers & it would be good to see a large increase in sport, & some activity again.100 boar aint too many (depending on the size of land)

we have here 100's sq miles of forest ,moor land & the rest with nothing on it,(rabbits/pigeon) its been over shot over the last few years, by airgunners & poached to the hilt!

its grim looking..

so if ya finding too much where ya live ,trap it, & we 'll collect to stock this place up..

when it breeds up, come for a shoot !!

ps..im not against shooting ,any thing but....lets see the deer/boar & the rest roam the country side once more..

Then we can party....... :thumbs-up:

nuffing wrong with dogs with a bit of heart sushie :good: it's the brains that go with the muscle that makes a good pigdog. a bit of working dog added to a bull x will serve ya well. kane the pigs over here have almost if not already breed back to the european boar, and only require time and feed to gain the size of it's european cousin. the hunting pressure keeps the population at a certain age bracket but plenty of good boars are caught most weekends. the bull x will be alot better than running straight bulls, how ever the amount of greyhound would have a bearing on how they would contain a pig, greyhound x's tend to be a bit shy on the tough stuff and love ripping the arse out of pigs, no good if ya plan on eating [bANNED TEXT] ya catch.

Bullx's with brains :D .;...from what I've seen of mine in action...they just get in on the job and d'ont think about it :) ...Rambo

HAVE BOAR BEEN CLASSIFIDED AS VERMIN YET..... ;)

Edited by millie

HAVE BOAR BEEN CLASSIFIDED AS VERMIN YET.....

According to the firearms officer that came to see me a few weeks ago they have no classifacation at all as yet....

I dont think it will be long before they are classed as game rather than vermin.........