Hunting with dogs, whether its lamping, earthwork or hunting pigs all carry some risk :yes: I would think the only danger your bullmastiff would be in from bowling over a leonberger would be collision injury from such a large useless lump :tongue2:

It's a good point, Lamping, earthwork etc. has been done for years in this country so you don't notice the risks as much. I think it's the unknown factor of boar hunting that gets you nevous!

And it's more bulldozer than Bullmastiff! :D ran straight into in head first, knocked it over then scruffed it, their best mates now, go walking together most weekends! And your right they are useless! unless your drowning then it'll swim out and rescue you apparently (lifeguard assistant) :icon_eek::laugh:

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stopping and holding boars is not a matter of size or weight in dogs, it's a function of heart and technique. We use dogs down to 25kgs and they'll swing off whatever boar sticks its head up. There ar

there are two sets of pics, aren't there; shane's action pics are from NZ (southern cross is red not white) and not sure where Bull's haul of game were taken.....(not that we need exact location)?  

LOL get a grip theres a few lads that have been taking feral pigs with their dogs for a little while now,and there not getting smashed to pieces either.

• 2 weeks later...
gonna have to try on them boar........

Give us a shout we'll all come and have a go! their's probably enough bull x's on here to pull down an elephant!!!! :laugh:

Seriously if your anywhere near somerset/Dorset border I'm game if you are! ;)

If you would like a little help from 3 American bulldogs, i,d be up for it and i,m sure they would be. Not that i,m saying bullx would,nt manage i have one of these also. I live up north it,ll be a long time til they breed they're way up here :icon_eek: I was in Texas 3 years ago boar hunting althogh this does,nt make me an expert i do know that this is a very dangerous hobby, dog's are never used without cut jackets or wide collars.

• Like 1
Guest NorthfloridaRedneck

Hello there UK soon to be boar hunters, I live in the Southern Part of the USA and I am full time boar hunter if there are any questions that you might have on the subject please fell fre to e-mail and ask away, over here when use many tactics to hunt wild boar, from trapping them to cathing them and from shooting them also.

We generally hunt at night in the south, but this also can pose a threat to you and your dogs due to the swamps filled with aligators and cottonmouths, but thats just our terian I'm sure yours is diffrent......One very good trick that all hogs love is used motor oil or diesel fuel this will bring a hog in and make it stay in awhile even more so that feed, for some reason wild hogs just love petroleum...

If you would like a little help from 3 American bulldogs, i,d be up for it and i,m sure they would be. Not that i,m saying bullx would,nt manage i have one of these also. I live up north it,ll be a long time til they breed they're way up here :icon_eek: I was in Texas 3 years ago boar hunting althogh this does,nt make me an expert i do know that this is a very dangerous hobby, dog's are never used without cut jackets or wide collars.

Where abouts in the north are you matti ? There is a breeding colony of wild boar, (not ferals), in Choppwell woods near Gateshead, escaped from a breeder a few years ago. Regularly seen and causing damage to the adjacent golf course.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Sorry NFR I think most people on here (including me) will just end up talking the talk but not walking the walk, Would love to try for a boar but wouldn't have the faintest idea where to start, and I wouldn't want to send a dog in blind! Do you need to train the dogs to hold, release or just leave em to it??? How many dogs needed, can a dog kill a boar or do you have to step in and spear the bugger with a F**k off great big knife once they've pinned it!. No crocs to worry about round here just barbed wire and bloody sheep netting!!! :cry:

Where abouts in the north are you matti ? There is a breeding colony of wild boar, (not ferals), in Choppwell woods near Gateshead, escaped from a breeder a few years ago. Regularly seen and causing damage to the adjacent golf course.

Cheers.

I,m in cumbria not to far away from Gateshead, bet the golfers would like to see the back of them :laugh: Do you live in the Gateshead area chartpolski?

Cheers.

I,m in cumbria not to far away from Gateshead, bet the golfers would like to see the back of them :laugh: Do you live in the Gateshead area chartpolski?

Born there but live on the other side of the river,

Cheers.

Now that sounds like an invitation!!! Everyone got there pet passports ready! Were off on a hunting field trip!

Ian B - If you could sort out the permission slips! and don't forget children your parents must sign it!!!

Edited by bullmastiff
Now that sounds like an invitation!!! Everyone got there pet passports ready! Were off on a hunting field trip!

Ian B - If you could sort out the permission slips! and don't forget children your parents must sign it!!!

Why get your passport out Bullmastiff? Thought you were one of the boy's who was talking the talk! Why go oversea when we have them here my old pal ;)