Guest alastair

Now that sounds like an invitation!!! Everyone got there pet passports ready! Were off on a hunting field trip!

Ian B - If you could sort out the permission slips! and don't forget children your parents must sign it!!!

Why get your passport out Bullmastiff? Thought you were one of the boy's who was talking the talk! Why go oversea when we have them here my old pal ;)

if you fellas serious,come down to kent,loads of em,about 25 min drive from me,dont know where biggest numbers are but could do a recky mission and find out.imo 6 bullxs should hold one of these mothers kitted up with vests,it does seem unreal that they are in the u.k but sure enough they are here.if i had time i d like to go to local pubs and ask about the boar,then do a dry run using footpaths to get a feel of the land,and hotness of local land owners ,then hit it one night.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stopping and holding boars is not a matter of size or weight in dogs, it's a function of heart and technique. We use dogs down to 25kgs and they'll swing off whatever boar sticks its head up. There ar

there are two sets of pics, aren't there; shane's action pics are from NZ (southern cross is red not white) and not sure where Bull's haul of game were taken.....(not that we need exact location)?  

LOL get a grip theres a few lads that have been taking feral pigs with their dogs for a little while now,and there not getting smashed to pieces either.

if you fellas serious,come down to kent,loads of em,about 25 min drive from me,dont know where biggest numbers are but could do a recky mission and find out.imo 6 bullxs should hold one of these mothers kitted up with vests,it does seem unreal that they are in the u.k but sure enough they are here.if i had time i d like to go to local pubs and ask about the boar,then do a dry run using footpaths to get a feel of the land,and hotness of local land owners ,then hit it one night.

Six, are you serious? :wacko: If i was you i would watch a couple of video's & learn a bit on how its done first.

If you put 6 dogs on a boar there would be injury's if not death's, even with cut jacket;s and collar's. I also think winter would be a better time, the boar won't have as much cover and may not be quite as strong as in summer, food aplenty. :)

Now that sounds like an invitation!!! Everyone got there pet passports ready! Were off on a hunting field trip!

Ian B - If you could sort out the permission slips! and don't forget children your parents must sign it!!!

Why get your passport out Bullmastiff? Thought you were one of the boy's who was talking the talk! Why go oversea when we have them here my old pal ;)

take it your in the mid kent goudhurst area ect....i got an underkeeper mate who had his hilux rammed by a sow boar deffending her family in that area ...yes he shit himself just a patt :clapper: for deffence lol

Guest alastair
If they are true wild boar you intend to hunt with a dog, IMHO, if the dog is a game one, it will probably be killed......think about the dogs first fella's....... :good:

agree with you there,iwould not run my dog on any of these 100%wild boar,just getting exited i have allways been fasinated with these animals have been out walking trying to find signs of them,i hope they breed well,and thrive,if you did lamp em i would expect to get caught cause the landowners sell the meat for a good price.and yes i would think you would need someone who knows the crack how to hunt them with dogs,and the correct breed etc etc.i ve seen one of these wild boar and they are frightening beasts. i do live near goudhurst.

If a lurcher was game enough to hold a boar, would it's jaw power be strong enough? would it's kneck be strong enough?, if he get's hold, the boar just want's him off and they can throw a dog around, and i would say alot of dog's would not like this. I'm just saying i would be careful about putting lurcher's to these beast's, they are'nt desighned for this game, but there are plenty of dog's on this site capable :D

You got it in one! I'd shit a brick if Tia caught hold of one of them buggers! she's game enough for anything, but I'm just a p***y!

The dogs used for boar seem to be usually brought up together so they naturally work as a pack to bring em down, if you got several dogs from here together it'd be 6 individual dogs not a pack.

You would of thought lurchers legs would be too delicate for it? You need either small terrier types in large numbers to drive them towards guns, or 3-4 big beasts (Dogo, corso, Mastiff types) to just use pure muscle and nail it down hard!!

you dond need mutch terriers to do the job but its much safer for the dogman/wife

i have see 3 time's last year that one jagd keeps the pig on pleace and the handler put it down white a knife

and one of the problems white the big dog is that the pig can hit him easier that a small terrier

was you drunk or drugged up typing that erric, or are you over 60 ? lol

:blink: Don't know if you noticed his national flag? Don't think he's doing to bad as this isn't his own language! :good:

I've been researching like hell on how to train a dog for boar, but so far the best I can find is to send the adulecent (spelling?) dogs into a pen with an older dog and set em on an old sow, and have the younger dogs around the outside of the pen to watch the action. The sow wont get too hurt (not enough dogs) and the dogs can escape under the fencing. I think the best way will be to just go out with experienced hunter's keep your trap shut and eyes open learn it before you try and teach a dog.

That said with some breeds I think you'll just trying to teach a granny to suck eggs! instincts I suppose they know what to do before you can tell em. :good:

Guest chilli

its illegal in the uk , You want to worry about a lot more than training them before you can use your dogs on boar . Youd be better of going somewere like oz an see it done properly than f**k about with your own dogs imho .

its illegal in the uk , You want to worry about a lot more than training them before you can use your dogs on boar . Youd be better of going somewere like oz an see it done properly than f**k about with your own dogs imho .

If you wanted to see wild boar you would be waisting your time going to Austalia they only have feral pigs to see truely wild boar being hunted you would be able to stay a lot closer to home and just pop over to mainland Europe.