• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stopping and holding boars is not a matter of size or weight in dogs, it's a function of heart and technique. We use dogs down to 25kgs and they'll swing off whatever boar sticks its head up. There ar

there are two sets of pics, aren't there; shane's action pics are from NZ (southern cross is red not white) and not sure where Bull's haul of game were taken.....(not that we need exact location)?  

LOL get a grip theres a few lads that have been taking feral pigs with their dogs for a little while now,and there not getting smashed to pieces either.

hi postillgold. i always take e first aid kit( not just for the dogs :) ) a tampax is always in it( good tip for filling a bullet/tusk hole)

a stapler( the good doctor brings his!) and we always had a vet either invited to shoot or on call( the best is to let him shoot for free,comeraderie forbids he should charge the terrier man if sorted out on the hunt.if surgery is needed then either the hunt pays or a whip round is usual in germany)

in germany if you are ASKED to use the dog,the hunt insurance( the insurance of the hunt leader/s) will cover the bill/death of the dog.most are quite good,some will tell you tough luck :cry:

such people have trouble in the next season to find dogs of high standards to work for them.

john5 look closley at the pictures,they are wearing ridgline pig hunting collars not from the uk and the fella on the left isw wearing oviously not uk hunting gear.looks like a maori anyway by his hand colour wearing prop a swandri ect...def def not in the uk the vegetation looks nothing like the uk

• 2 weeks later...
I'd forgotten I'd started this Topic back in 2006! A lot changes in three years!!!

Turns out I don't just talk the talk after all! (although I think I'm still a p*ssy!!!) LOL After many PM's with a member on here, I got to go on a Boar hunt! (Using Patterdales and a Jaqd Terrier, not Bullcrosses!)

An absolutely amazing experience and one I would love to do again.

101_0318.jpg

101_0325.jpg

IMAG0052.jpg

2007_10270074-kopie.jpg

I think i recognize one of those "Muppet" dogs?

Bryan

Heres one from two nights ago.

<!--ImageUrlBegin--><!--ImageUrlEBegin-->23Novhunt052.jpg<!--ImageUrlEnd--><!--ImageUrlEEnd-->

<!--ImageUrlBegin--><!--ImageUrlEBegin-->23Novhunt054.jpg<!--ImageUrlEnd--><!--ImageUrlEEnd-->

No people or dogs were killed during this hunt. :11:

if that was in england then i hope you get prosecuted

Why?

If you knew this person would you grass?

Would you SQUEEL ?

• 1 month later...

its nice to see some real hunting with dogs .ive been boar hunting with my dads mate , he used a parson jack cross patt and ofcourse a am bulldog . the jack/patt was the most game dog ive ever seen she would take on anything put in front of her. not a scratch on her in the end . the best hunting ive ever had . i would strongly recormend it :thumbs::clapper:

• 4 weeks later...

Been for two trips to the Forest of Dean with mates and haven't even seen a anything whilst there! :cry: obviously in the wrong part, maybe one day!

Beautiful countryside though.

IMAG0018-2.jpg

IMAG0034.jpg

I'm sure some locals will recognise the view... Would I need to go East or South East from there to photogragh some wildlife!!!

Edited by bullmastiff