glenn of imaal

Why bother with a Glenn, when we already have APBT that are all they are, and more?

Take care.

Well spoken Main!.... oops i mean Doc! LOL Word on the street is that there has been some sharin of trouser trout between the two of ya... I dont believe it though. :doh:

i spoke with several lads and they told me glen never were diggin dogs, just the ones for the finish work. so do you think they wanna go down and search. so of them even do not have interest in following tracks. fighting/baiting dog

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What were they doing up there!?

All these experts bad mouthing glenns have obviously never seen one work,

Posted Images

Why bother with a Glenn, when we already have APBT that are all they are, and more?

A cocky opinionated american, what a rare thing, were do you think all the game dogs apbt's were bred frow came frow?? Ireland and the uk mostly

Take care.

wet-Nobody said the APBT didnt have Irish/English roots...but you left out the part about how they were improved on here to such an extent that even in Ireland/UK they prefer them to the old stuff. :whistling: What is it you suppose a Glenn could do that an APBT couldnt... :doh: It aint braggin if you can do it... :thumbs:

Take care.

• Like 1

Take care.

Well spoken Main!.... oops i mean Doc! LOL Word on the street is that there has been some sharin of trouser trout between the two of ya... I dont believe it though. :doh:

Steady-You know I would never move in on your man crush... :icon_redface: Im just sayin for folks like hastings and stuntman that want to use a dog like that, why take a chance on a dog that even in its homeland you cant hardly find a real worker, when you have dogs here already that you can get for free that will do anything the expensive import would do?

Take care.

A cocky opinionated american, what a rare thing, were do you think all the game dogs apbt's were bred frow came frow?? Ireland and the uk mostly

Take care.

wet-Nobody said the APBT didnt have Irish/English roots...but you left out the part about how they were improved on here to such an extent that even in Ireland/UK they prefer them to the old stuff. :whistling: What is it you suppose a Glenn could do that an APBT couldnt... :doh: It aint braggin if you can do it... :thumbs:

Take care.

You could very easily turn it around and say what would your apt do that my Glenn wouldnt. I could stripp my Glenn downt to alot lighter than your apt and he would be more evenly matched to his quarry. Its each to there own. Im into a smaller dog doing the job. I could get a bigger dog that would pull a house down.Now whats the point in that. Ive had english bulls.Pits and crossbreds. Glenns are tough and hardy enough.They have some bite on them.

• Like 1

Take care.

Take care.

You could very easily turn it around and say what would your apt do that my Glenn wouldnt. I could stripp my Glenn downt to Its each to there own. Im into a smaller dog doing the job. I could get a bigger dog that would pull a house down.Now whats the point in that. Ive had english bulls.Pits and crossbreds. Glenns are tough and hardy enough.They have some bite on them.

Raymond-If I was in Ireland I might give one a go...but the fellas asking about them are in America. Makes no sense to try to import one when we have as good or better here already. What size are your Glenns...that you they would be "alot lighter than your apt and he would be more evenly matched to his quarry."???

Take care.

Take care.

Take care.

You could very easily turn it around and say what would your apt do that my Glenn wouldnt. I could stripp my Glenn downt to Its each to there own. Im into a smaller dog doing the job. I could get a bigger dog that would pull a house down.Now whats the point in that. Ive had english bulls.Pits and crossbreds. Glenns are tough and hardy enough.They have some bite on them.

Raymond-If I was in Ireland I might give one a go...but the fellas asking about them are in America. Makes no sense to try to import one when we have as good or better here already. What size are your Glenns...that you they would be "alot lighter than your apt and he would be more evenly matched to his quarry."???

Take care.

You never answered the question but I will answer yours.I have a bitch I could get her down to around 24lbs.I could probably push my dog to say 27,28.If I had to

Raymond-I didnt think you asked me a question, but rather made a rhetorical statement. If the question was what can an APBT do that a Glenn cant, then my answer would be, beat him in a race, and go thru a cockleburr patch and not have any tangled in his coat... ;) Seriously though, I suspect the odds of finding a solid APBT would be far easier than finding a Glenn of equal caliber here in the US. I also suspect that if used as a draw dog on badger/coyote here the APBT would prove to have more sand than a Glenn if pushed hard. We have plenty of bulldogs here that go 30lbs, so your not even guaranteed of having the smaller dog.

Take care.

• Like 1

Take care.

Steady-You know I would never move in on your man crush... :icon_redface: Im just sayin for folks like hastings and stuntman that want to use a dog like that, why take a chance on a dog that even in its homeland you cant hardly find a real worker, when you have dogs here already that you can get for free that will do anything the expensive import would do?

Take care.

Doc -Steady is a power bottom hosting those DNA parties, he blind with love :kiss:

Whats funny is that Hastings started this thread back in 2006!!!!! that was pointed out to me. So some one did some digging....Get it Digging!!! LOL HA HAHAHAHA I'll be here all weekend dont forget to tip your bartenders :tongue2:

Doc and Irish decendent can dream, cant he? of the fine things from from the home land. Like yurn for the old time "donkey shows" in Old Mexico.

Edited by STUNTMAN

Raymond-I didnt think you asked me a question, but rather made a rhetorical statement. If the question was what can an APBT do that a Glenn cant, then my answer would be, beat him in a race, and go thru a cockleburr patch and not have any tangled in his coat... ;) Seriously though, I suspect the odds of finding a solid APBT would be far easier than finding a Glenn of equal caliber here in the US. I also suspect that if used as a draw dog on badger/coyote here the APBT would prove to have more sand than a Glenn if pushed hard. We have plenty of bulldogs here that go 30lbs, so your not even guaranteed of having the smaller dog.

Take care.

pound for pound in the lighter weights the glen is designed for drawing long flexible strong back,short powerful legs,very strong jaws and huge teeth..Youd be very surprised with their abilities in dog on dog situations - ive heard of them killing bull terriers etc. in kennell accidents.

glenn of imaal

can glenn of imaal terrier work on badger still now?

please show me video or picture for glenn of imaal work on badger .

thank you...

:doh:

Seems a very strange request from a hunter on open forum :hmm:

There are some videos on the British Pathe website from the time it was legal but it has been illegal in the UK since 1981and we ALL follow that act to the letter :yes:

===============================

hi

i saw some videos on the British Pathe website , i guess they are wheaten terrier , are they glenn of imaal terrier?

do you know kennel that work on badger in the world ?

what is difference of glenn of imaal and wheaten terrier?

Balls and working ability :thumbs:

the glen has plenty of balls dont worry about that mushroom

==========================================

please show me pic of glen work on badger .

where could i buy working glen dog ?

Edited by delonpara

Take care.

I suggest you get one and grow it on.You will at least learn from experience. Your going of the point.The subject was not about racing and that. Ive heard so much about Glenns from people who heard this and that. I suggest to these people get one and enjoy it.The only advantage I could see your apb having is its legs are longer than my Glenns..Have you a 24lb apb that could bite like a crocodile.I have a Glenn that can.

Take care.

I suggest you get one and grow it on.You will at least learn from experience. Your going of the point.The subject was not about racing and that. Ive heard so much about Glenns from people who heard this and that. I suggest to these people get one and enjoy it.The only advantage I could see your apb having is its legs are longer than my Glenns..Have you a 24lb apb that could bite like a crocodile.I have a Glenn that can.

well said.

.Have you a 24lb apb that could bite like a crocodile.I have a Glenn that can.

raymond i have a english mastiff that has no fear of anything or anybody but just before xmas it cost me nearly 200 euros of vet bills to injuries caused from one of my 28lb glens and they certainly do bite like a croc

I owned and hunted with a Glen bitch over thirty years ago and saw one or two trialling many years ago. The only one I remember seeing that had much success was called Bosco, I think! My bitch had a powerful set of teeth and jaws on her.....for such a small dog..... but no more powerful than a Wheaten, from which the Glen originally sprang. Even in Ireland in those days the vast majority of terrier men used Wheatens or staffs in preference to Glens. Then the proper type bulldog became available and even these breeds took a back seat.

As far as size goes the most successful dog I remember for actually banking his game was a very large Wheaten dog called Diddycye Finn (originally called Bruce when owned by D.G. in the North).

You just can't compare pitbulls with any other breeds imho.

• Like 1