Sign in to follow this  
jdtag

whippet sized greyhounds

can you get whippet sized greyhounds just a thought replie grateful

I saw a book a couple of years ago that said a whippet and greyhound are of the same DNA. They are the same breed just different sizes!

Bollocks mate :D

Thanks for your intelligent reply! Well done.

i had a bitch her a while ago now that was 22" ths and about 47 pounds fit she was the smallest iv seen

Wow thats heavy, my Bull/Greyhound is 23-24tts and 50lbs fit.

can you get whippet sized greyhounds just a thought replie grateful

yes you can we had a bitch before who was 37lbs never tried racing her way to small

there is a bitch that races at hove called i dont clare she is 21/22kgs

I had a wee bitch once,that was 50lb in weight.But useless.On the other hand.One of the best bitches to ever run Derry track.Was a 46lber.Not so long ago.There was a 51lb bitch,who did 28.08,for a 500.

when was a kennel hand we had a small bitch in ,greyhound 25kilo. thordon dolly was her name,voted bitch of the month,heart to her,looked so small against the bigger 30kilo ones,but was a rocket,size dont matter,heart does

Tapwatcher threw a lot of "undersize" dogs and bitches in his litters,not eye catchers to look at but a few were handy on the track :thumbs:

Y.I.S Leeview

An italian greyhound is half the size of a whippet not inbetween a grey and a whip i have a 22kg bitch coming as soon as this weather cleans up with full irish card .

greg

I don't know about whippet sized greyhounds, but greyhound sized whippets are already here mate, 23"-24" dogs are not uncommon and it's bad for the breed IMO.

owned a very small greyhound bitch 23 tts very good early one quite a few races got a 24ins bitch now that ran 2 4 and 6 bend races but heavier built never pass for a whippet but i have seen some that would.