Photo
- - - - -

BSA .22 rifle magazine

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 tc63

tc63

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 12:59 PM

I have a BSA Supersport .22 rifle which is missing it's magazine. Any tips for where I might find one?

#2 landrover

landrover

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 01:57 PM

Is'nt the bsa supersport an AIRRIFLE if so it doese'nt have a magazine, well they never did when i owned one

#3 Sterry

Sterry

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 02:55 PM

no i have a feeling they named a rimfire and an airrifle supersport.
not sure but i know they sell the guns cheap like £30, couldnt you but on for spares??? or ask if they would sell you just the magazine??

#4 harry mac

harry mac

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 08:57 PM

Try John Knibbs for all BSA spares. Not guaranteed to have one, but he'd be the best bet. It's also worth asking if your local gunshop/gunsmith has a "junk" drawer. I managed to get an extractor for a Webley garden gun and a set of open sights for a PH 243 out of a bloke's "junk drawer".
Yes, the Supersport was a rimfire long before it was an air gun. The old BSAs are nice rifles the fact that the Supersport can be scoped up easilly is a bonus. The receiver on my Sportsman 15 looks like a Swiss cheese where someone has drilled and tapped it for a side mount.

#5 rjimmer

rjimmer

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 12:54 PM

I got 2 kevlar replacement magazines for my Supersport Five from John Knibbs, at the gamefair, a few years ago. A bit of a tight fit but can be sanded down easily, as recommended at the time by JK.

http://www.airgunspares.com/

Edited by rjimmer, 27 May 2009 - 12:55 PM.