ANTLERED DOE

Out this morning at 5.30am.......best time of day! :D

I spied a roe in a shelter belt ,couldnt see its head for a tree but could make out the anal tush.I lined up behind the shoulder and fired only to see the deer run off without reaction to the shot......................I thought I had missed :realmad:

Anyway on checking where it had been standing I saw some hair so I knew I had hit it....................on searching through the wood I found it lying dead about 50 yards away....the bullet had struck true :D

As I approached the deer I could see antler growth on its head and I thought Id shot a buck by mistake :diablo::diablo:

Anyway on inspection it turned out to be a doe with antler growth, a good sized mature doe carrying twins!!

This is the 3rd doe I have shot like this............anybody else shot any??

antlereddoe002Small.jpg

I was out with a friend who shot one but no i aint ever shot one but it did spark my interest and as it seems it happens quite alot and in some areas more than others Seems that older does taken on male hormones and with a certain diet can produce antler growth, great pics. good job you new about the annal tush :D:D

I think it might be the last guessed you had out not the deer :p that might have been the young en ps foxy i have alot of lit on the subject if your interested if not then i dont :diablo: lol not long till buck season. did you ever get that red deer you and the scoob were after.

Yep next season aint far away for me i have now not shot a deer for a full month and must admit to feeling a wee bit excited about the new buck season starting.

ps mr Darcy them reds will be there thats for sure. and i will keep a look out for anything closer. To see if you can handle a mans gun lol instead of a wee boys toy. :diablo::hunter: