How hard is it

Guest traceyg

at weekends i normaly go with two of my mates who take there lurchers and terriers i get them the permission <_<

but at weekdays when there isnt much time we will normaly go lamping with the air guns an maybe lurchers

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My uncle was a gamekeeper and from the age of about 3 he took me along feeding, repairing fences, sorting out cover strips. then he "gave" me his old pre war .410 and i shot my first rabbit of many then we went to a dairy farmer we knew and i was allowed to shoot the collard doves around the barns even tho i wasnt at school yet.

So on the estate i would tag along ferreting and had a harris hawk when i was bit older. now i do all sorts: ferreting, pigeon shoot, driven shoots, air rifles (rimfire is in the pipeline), member of a fly fishery thats very exclusive (took my dad 14 years of brown nosing) i got in in 3 months, the only thing i havent done is run dogs but im hoping once some of the lads on here know me well enough they will be so kind to let me tag along.

I'm 17 and started Beating 5 Years ago which started me off, I started Beating on my Uncles Shoot.. He Breeds Working Labs and Shoots, I've grown up with Him.

I asked my Mum If I could get an Air Rifle a year back and She said that I could only have one If I had a place to take It close by so I asked my Boss and His Neighbor as they both own a little bit of Land. Shot that for a while and then my Uncle said that If I got a Shotgun He'd teach me a bit and then let me on the Shoot, after alot of persuasion I was allowed and using my Christmas Money I bought a Baikal O/U 12 Bore :yes:

I've done some Clay Shooting with It and am hoping to Shoot this Season.

That's the Shooting Side..

After being on here for a while I became aware of other forms of Hunting and really wanted to get out and try 'em!

I wasn't aloud a Ferret or another Dog and as I'm a youngun with no Transport (before I had my Scooter) It was hard for me to get out..

'Molecatcher' offered me a Mornings Ferreting so I persuaded my Dad to take me up there and we had a great time :D

Then I met 'Lamping-Lad' off here and I now go out with Him and run the Dogs occasionally.

It has been hard but I had a good start Beating and now I'm getting Into It alot more!

My Dad used to be Into Fishing and now I am He takes an Interest In It which Is good, my Parents aren't against Hunting but not really Into It although my Dad enjoys Shooting Clays and occasionally comes Beating.

Butch

The truth is i think you are borne with the hunting gene but todays sociaty is trying to subdue that gene because more than likeley you av a mind of your own.Wat has cheered me up by coming on this site is the young hunters so i know all is not lost but sadly in the area were i live poaching'rabbiting hunting is slowley becoming a thing of the past.So if your children show interest give them all the support needed,.PLEASE.atvb

Im not sure how true this is but: i was told that there was a hunting gene that if you didnt hunt could lead to depresseion, i was told about by some american people on of my dad side of the family, but it might just be a good excuse to go shooting.

Im not sure how true this is but: i was told that there was a hunting gene that if you didnt hunt could lead to depresseion, i was told about by some american people on of my dad side of the family, but it might just be a good excuse to go shooting.
sound's very true to me and i dont think it's an excuse as i think a lot of old hunters will tell you the same atvb
Guest traceyg

Really great to here your storys :notworthy: thank you so much.You got me going now so here goes . when i met my parter 23 years ago he was into guns and ferreting i tagged along and enjoyed it :victory: But it wasnt untill i got a whippet for my son and i went for a walk alone just for some peace and quiet that i got the bug :clapper: The whippet spotted a rabbit and off she went i cant remember having such buzz.So the next whippet was soon here to go along with my lab and terrier . the rest is history

Well my mum used to hunt on horse back but doesn't anymore. The closest anyone that does a hunting related sport is my uncle justin and he does a bit of clay shooting and he wants me to take him out on day with the gun and the terrier t bush anything

Edited by whippeter69
Guest traceyg
I'm 17 and started Beating 5 Years ago which started me off, I started Beating on my Uncles Shoot.. He Breeds Working Labs and Shoots, I've grown up with Him.

I asked my Mum If I could get an Air Rifle a year back and She said that I could only have one If I had a place to take It close by so I asked my Boss and His Neighbor as they both own a little bit of Land. Shot that for a while and then my Uncle said that If I got a Shotgun He'd teach me a bit and then let me on the Shoot, after alot of persuasion I was allowed and using my Christmas Money I bought a Baikal O/U 12 Bore :yes:

I've done some Clay Shooting with It and am hoping to Shoot this Season.

That's the Shooting Side..

After being on here for a while I became aware of other forms of Hunting and really wanted to get out and try 'em!

I wasn't aloud a Ferret or another Dog and as I'm a youngun with no Transport (before I had my Scooter) It was hard for me to get out..

'Molecatcher' offered me a Mornings Ferreting so I persuaded my Dad to take me up there and we had a great time :D

Then I met 'Lamping-Lad' off here and I now go out with Him and run the Dogs occasionally.

It has been hard but I had a good start Beating and now I'm getting Into It alot more!

My Dad used to be Into Fishing and now I am He takes an Interest In It which Is good, my Parents aren't against Hunting but not really Into It although my Dad enjoys Shooting Clays and occasionally comes Beating.

fantastic keep it up :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Butch

i could talk for hours abowt guns and fishing i spent from the age 10 upwards with fishing rods and air rifles

that was just fun for me but when i got asked to go out with this chap down the road from me i thort we was going for bunnys...in came a terrier and a big ugly bull x

that then changed my veiws abowt things and i had a pup off him 3months down the line and ive been out ever since with freinds ect. and sorting me land out for when my bitch is ready

i love it and i aint changeing from this lifestyle in a hurry

BUT NOW I HAVE A PROBLEM WHEN I SEE DOGS FREE TO GOOD HOME OR RESCUE I GET A FUNNY FEELING INSIDE AND WANT TO GO GET THEM :( SO FAR IVE HELD IT OFF :notworthy:

Ask These Tossers On Here lol It Kills Rabbits ,Pigeons And Ducks So Why Would I Want It To Do More than That lol , Im Not Like These Want A Gun That Can Kill A f*****g Eliphant lol

you cant kill ducks with a godamn air rifle

are you insane man

do you have no self respect

shoot them with a shotgun while they are flying tut tut tut