How hard is it

Guest traceyg

Guest traceyg

Just wondering how young hunters get going how much support they get from there family and friends and how serious are they about hunting . I have a fourteen year old lad who it totally hunting crazy :( But he is very lucky to have his dad who has always done a bit of rabbiting shooting ect And myself who loves the working dogs side of it . We also know a handful of great hunter friends who help and encourage him. But how easy or hard is it for the rest of you .pics and comments please

post-11694-1239355163.jpg

post-11694-1239355272.jpg

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well My Mum And Dad Dont Like Me Having Guns And i Can Only Get A Gun If Buy It But My Dad Will GO Get It For Me , i Got My Patterdale Just Threw Luck Really , My Cousen Bred Them And My Brother Bought One And Then Came To Our House And Said Mam Ive GOt This Dog For You But I Want Money Back :blink: So Thats How I Got My Patterdale , And The GUN Is Not That Mint Cos I Dont Get Much Money ANd I Got It Myself But When I Get A Job I Will Have Money TO Be Perfect Like Everyone Thinks They Are On This Site :D There You Are Tracey :clapper:

post-32347-1239355705_thumb.jpg

I never had any support from my family, my brother who was into ferreting, trapping, shooting etc left home when I was very young and my parents disaproved of pretty much every hobby I had as they all involved getting into trouble in some shape or form :clapper: so hunting was always something I crept off to do in secret. I used to have to stash any rabbits killed, or let my dog eat them there and then at the scene of the crime, it always seemed such a waste to me not to be able to take them home! When I got my own place at 17 it was great to be able to do what I wanted when I wanted. If I had support from my family perhaps I wouldnt be so "into" hunting as I am now? I was always a rebellious sort who enjoyed doing things I wasnt allowed to more than the things I was :clapper:

I never had any support from my family, my brother who was into ferreting, trapping, shooting etc left home when I was very young and my parents disaproved of pretty much every hobby I had as they all involved getting into trouble in some shape or form :clapper: so hunting was always something I crept off to do in secret. I used to have to stash any rabbits killed, or let my dog eat them there and then at the scene of the crime, it always seemed such a waste to me not to be able to take them home! When I got my own place at 17 it was great to be able to do what I wanted when I wanted. If I had support from my family perhaps I wouldnt be so "into" hunting as I am now? I was always a rebellious sort who enjoyed doing things I wasnt allowed to more than the things I was :clapper:

i think that was a youngsters instinct :clapper:

neither my dad or my mum do any form of hunting snaring dogging or anything, its just we have a big garden and my mum dose a lot of gardening and woodys were earting all the cabbage so i asked if i could start hunting and they said that i have to pay a third of the gun wich is roughly..... £125 so i saved for ages and got a BSA lightning xl wich i was chuffed cos i wa told there one of the best spring guns on the market and now i do all forms of hbunting and have basc membership.

i started at 15, well i had a gun when i was 12 but never really into it i think i twas to young,Now its all i do now at 17... i love it,though i have nevertryed Ferrits, i have had Gun exp and chasing(dogs) last sunday that i enjoyed.Im looking into getting a lurch for chasing,I have support of my dad because thats who i go hunting with but with split parents mam isnt a fan,but i still bring the rabbits/phesents home....She disapoves of me getting another dog as we have a colly but guess what im still getting one lol shel come over when i bring a pup in