Sign in to follow this  
midge28

stock no 3 finished

thanks for that rob, just a thought here ta get other peoples views i fitted an adjustable pad ta me first stock and i find that when i,m out shooting and i go to mount gun the adjustable pad keeps catching on me clothing as i bring it up , on me mates one i fitted a piece of aluminium and this is lovely when out shooting ta mount quick , do many people actually adjust the pads on there rifles very much , i know it,s handy if fiting nv equipment but how many people actualyy do this .

Guest air gunner

CIMG1711.jpg[/img]

This is my attempt :icon_redface: im happy with it but its shabby compared to midges.

CIMG1711.jpg[/img]

This is my attempt :icon_redface: im happy with it but its shabby compared to midges.

thats not bad for first attempt matey , think people dont realise just how hard it is ta do one a these , if you have another go it will only get even better and easier, like the timber u used , nice colour . well done mate

this is the third one done. this one i am selling as i am keeping my first one and got another in the making now from american maple. i think i got about 6 people now wanting me ta make them a stock so looks like i will be busy in me spare time .bushart has got first dibs on this stock as he was first to enquire by pm about a stock if he does not want it then will be putting it up for sale as i have orders but for a differant style . think this one has come out nice , feels nice and light and verry comfy . verry simalar ta the one i done for me mate and he is getting on verry well with it now .
quality stuff mate, youve got some talent there, keep up the good work.

atb J.A

Guest air gunner

Cheers midge im going to have another go my mate wants one so it will be good practice.

the american maple stock is now done all but another couple acoats of oil, anyone interseted in buying this one .

post-27947-1240425638_thumb.jpg

post-27947-1240425651_thumb.jpg

post-27947-1240425662_thumb.jpg

Guest Scuba1

That stock looks absolutely fanbloodytastic. :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

I take my hat of sir

Michael

That stock looks absolutely fanbloodytastic. :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

I take my hat of sir

Michael

thyanks michael, i think this is the first and last one i will be making from american maple, the wood is very hard ta work with compared to walnut , it is rock hard but very light , i have another piece in the shed , think it can stay there for time being , lol . tulip one next

hi there midge do u fancy selling the maple blank you have and if so pm me with cost + p&p

ps that stock looks sweet mate great work

atb rob

Again, lovely piece of work midge.

Think his performance might take a bit too much time to be on britains got talent though. Pity as that is one incredible talent.

All the best.

Freddy