electric crow callers

yeah you can and shoot them with a camera ?

There is nothing listed in the current 2009 general licences in scotland that comments of what can and cannot be used for decoying crows. This includes whether the crows have electronic calls.

http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/Environm...eneral-licences

There is a condition of the habitats and bird directive 2000 that states that you cannot use live recordings or electronic calls for the taking of mammals and game (i.e. huntable species such as pheasants and wild geese/ducks), but this does not include species listed on the "pest" annexes.

You cannot use a live or electronic recording for use in larsen traps though

http://www.basc.org.uk/en/codes-of-practic...-pest-birds.cfm

Essentially there are no specific answers but I recently [bANNED TEXT] t crow shooting with an importer of such goods and he got feedback from BASC/SNH/DEFRA that for use in a decoy pattern for shooting crows an electronic caller is not illegal

To confirm email BASC scotland and let us all know what they say!

Gentlemen. Never listen to hearsay, find out about it. All the general licence details are really easy to find online and from what I can see none of them say anything about using electronic calls for shooting pest species, only that they are banned in traps for live catching.

As I said, if in doubt, act the only guys who know there stuff, the BASC legal teams

The electronic calling crow decoys are being sold all over the UK and the dealers I have spoken to say that can be used for shooting.

it took me a while to click on that that said crow not cow :laugh: was a bit confused. but im sure one of the settings on boyfriends caller he bought has crow on it, i think its legal but i would suggest looking on the defra website