• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been a bit ill the past four or five days. A real bad chest and just tired. Obviously the combination of burning candle at both ends and a virus. Today i have done very little except feel sorry for myself :icon_redface: :sick: .lol..lol..but. went into the woods to check for a treecreeper that i usually find in several sites but all were either gone due to the bark dropping or unsuitable due to the bark warping too far away from the tree. The last place i tried though struck gold. Right on a footpath and with 5 or 6 eggs in. I couldnt tell for definite as to the number, but i hope to photograph the parents feeding as long as the squirrels dont get to them first!

post-16-1240844382_thumb.jpg

I have been a bit ill the past four or five days. A real bad chest and just tired. Obviously the combination of burning candle at both ends and a virus. Today i have done very little except feel sorry for myself :icon_redface: :sick: .lol..lol..but. went into the woods to check for a treecreeper that i usually find in several sites but all were either gone due to the bark dropping or unsuitable due to the bark warping too far away from the tree. The last place i tried though struck gold. Right on a footpath and with 5 or 6 eggs in. I couldnt tell for definite as to the number, but i hope to photograph the parents feeding as long as the squirrels dont get to them first!

nice find :clapper:

A few years ago i was watching a tree creeper on her nest. sadly the clutch was taken by a squirrel that peeled the bark back and ruined the nest site :thumbdown: .

At a bit of a loss what to do i wired the bark back to the tree and forgot all about it.

Well, low and behold, today i had a little peek and Mrs T creeper was sat tight behind that bark i wired back in place. Just goes to show a little human interferance can sometimes be to the benefit of the bird. Its the only suitable nesting tree for the creepers in the whole wood and i am glad they have nested again. Now, if i can only keep them grey squirrel numebrs down.....

Hoping to update this as the chicks grow, if possible.

Sorry about the pics, i didnt want to disturb her.....

see the wire on the outside pic...

post-16-1241003577_thumb.jpg

post-16-1241003609_thumb.jpg

Guest traceyg

Reading all the nest post made me quiet jealous :icon_eek: But found a beauty today :victory: And if i hadn't seen it with my own eyes i wouldn't have believed it :icon_eek: A robins nest on the floor yes at the bottom of the hedge right low down.Cant believe no cats or a anything has had them .I got pics best i could but not very clear as i didn't want to disturb her young :clapper:

post-11694-1241035621.jpg

post-11694-1241035633.jpg

post-11694-1241035705.jpg