took mine nearly six week to stop and heal had to leave him in yard for this time

as people have said every time you went to take him out started bleeding again wi excitment

and also fed him in garden as kept wagging his tail in run and bagging it

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

get someone to hold the dog with a mussel get the tail at hit it with a hot piece of metssl this will coderise it and stop the bleending after doing it keep it clean it willl be alright in a couple of wekks as i done it before what did people do yearsago when ther ewas no vets ??

I dont think thats a good idea for a complete novice

sorry kay didnt know she was a beginner must be someone she knows with dogs can help her over this way as if any had that problem over here id help them

You wernt to know , not saying the ideas bad if you know what your doing :thumbs:

dont think my dog would ever forgive me and would go mental because shes a bit of a puff :laugh:

thank you iam going to try the pipe thing as i think she would go mental if someone coterised her tail as if you stand on her foot she goes mental enough

but i will let you know in a week or so how its healing and get in touch, thank you very much for the offer

get some bitchumin, melt it and when its warm enough to touch without burning dip the end in .

when cold it forms a hard case over the damaged area,im presuming its only the tip ,so only an inch at the most will be on the tail.

tried and tested old way .and when the tar breaks up and crumbles off the tail will be tough as boots.

Guest jt750
get someone to hold the dog with a mussel get the tail at hit it with a hot piece of metssl this will coderise it and stop the bleending after doing it keep it clean it willl be alright in a couple of wekks as i done it before what did people do yearsago when ther ewas no vets ??

I dont think thats a good idea for a complete novice

Its not good advice to anyone ...muppet

Some of the advise on this forum regarding animal welfare beggars belief!...Get the fecking dog sorted with someone that knows what they're doing,...like a vet! 'Scabbing over' imo is not the way to get it to heal properly.

For Christ's sake, get the dog to a bloody vet!!!

It needs the next joint or two amputated, and then stitched.

Then put a bandage over it to protect it.

Once tails are damaged, it takes forever to get them to heal - every time it wags or brushes against anything, it breaks open again

Edited by jim tait