well last week my jess knocked the end off her tail, not exactly sure how but i presume its because it never stops wagging, anyway a week later its still bleeding as soon as she gets in the house and wacks it off somthing, ive tryed putting liquid plaster on it and it still keeps on bleeding.....anyone got any suggestions im trying to keep her in the yard as much as possible so she dont wack off things as much but shes still managing to knock the end off it

i was thinking kiddies glue!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest shadowz

Take her to the vets.

Tails are very very hard to get to heal and I imagine she will need to help from a vet.

Often dogs who hurt the end of their tails end up having some amputeted as its so hard to stop bleeding.

First step will be the vet especially as its been a week now and still bleeding.

I would have thought if its been bleeding a week then a call to the vets should have been a priority , i always think if theres blood coming from a place it shouldnt be its a veterinary case

well its like a scab so i let her out the kennel in the morning she goes for a wee and stretchs her legs, then inside and she goes hyper and it will wack off somthing taking the scab off making it bleed then i make her lie down and it stops when she cleans it, ive been washing it with detol antiseptic spray but was thinking it would scab over

get someone to hold the dog with a mussel get the tail at hit it with a hot piece of metssl this will coderise it and stop the bleending after doing it keep it clean it willl be alright in a couple of wekks as i done it before what did people do yearsago when ther ewas no vets ??

get someone to hold the dog with a mussel get the tail at hit it with a hot piece of metssl this will coderise it and stop the bleending after doing it keep it clean it willl be alright in a couple of wekks as i done it before what did people do yearsago when ther ewas no vets ??

I dont think thats a good idea for a complete novice

sorry kay didnt know she was a beginner must be someone she knows with dogs can help her over this way as if any had that problem over here id help them

get a piece of blue plastic pipe put it over end and strap it on leaving the bottom open though then muzzle the dog works everytime
:yes: i`ve used kitchen roll middles as well covered in gaffer tape .. Edited by the_stig

sorry kay didnt know she was a beginner must be someone she knows with dogs can help her over this way as if any had that problem over here id help them

You wernt to know , not saying the ideas bad if you know what your doing :thumbs:

seen it happen a million times the best thing to do is to put wound powder on it every time you go near the dog. not just one or two times a day becouse the bleeding starts every time the dog get excited and wags its tail against something when you go near it most of the time. my dog as just had the samething happen to it a few weeks ago. it will bleed for a while & may lose a nucle or two of the end of its tail but will be fine in a few weeks & whont couse any problem to the dog. but dont bandage it to stop getting blood every where becouse that just seems to make it wearse & stops the scab from forming.