pictures of my birds

hawk1

Very nice pics of the Harris's cant wait to get mine.

hi mate what are getting male or female . is it your first bird . i have another male on order all going to plan i shuld get him middle of june cant wait

Prob going for a female as my permission has big game on it to be cleared. It will be my first bird, got mews all built and when I get the camera hooked up to the comp I will have to get some pics up.

Edited by hilly

hi mate what are getting male or female . is it your first bird . i have another male on order all going to plan i shuld get him middle of june cant wait

So will that be three hawks?

So will that be three hawks?

sadly one of the harris got out at the end of is moult last year but is still kicking around the village i live in , plenty of prey for him everytime hes been spotted im too late in getting there. my mate is flying the other so i will only have my redtail and one harris possibly a kestral ive always loved watching them hover never get tired

Hope you get to him one day and get him home safe.

Is there much of a difference between the Red and the Harris? Some people just say that the Harris is easier to train up?

think i landed lucky with my red he trained pretty quick and easy he hits really hard and where most harrises will pull out a chase the red goes straight through only thing i miss flying him is he doesnt follow on still love him to bits dont get me wrong i still love harrises think i will always have one

Sorry for so many questions.

So would you say that a female Harris would be the easiest bird to train as I've heard story's saying good and bad about them?

Also would an imprint or parent bird be better and what are the pros and cons on both?

Once again sorry for asking so much but I want to get as much info in my head as poss.

So would you say that a female Harris would be the easiest bird to train as I've heard story's saying good and bad about them?

Also would an imprint or parent bird be better and what are the pros and cons on both?

Once again sorry for asking so much but I want to get as much info in my head as poss.

sorry for jumping in on your post but i think a female harris will do you wonders for a first bird mate they are cracking birds and if i was you get a parent reared that has been in for at least 15 weeks.Get a good book on them and away you go mate good luck.

i would say for a first bird you cant go wrong with the harris i would go with the parent reared i was always told you dont get a bad bird justa bad handler . ont be sorry about asking questions its always good to hear everybodys opnions ... you have a pm