older foxes and cubs

Guest nastybilly

Guest nastybilly

a coupla years back i shot and old fox with hardly a tooth in its head, i watched it lift one of twin lambs not long born and carry it to a nearby wood, i was making my way toward where it happend and seen her coming back out the wood for the second, but by that time i was close enough to shot her.

on inspection it was plain she was a fair age, like i say she had a coupla back teeth and only one fang, when i told the farmer he said that theyr the ones that are most likly to take lambs...any views on that guys.

by the way the den, which id found a few days before was gassed later that day to prevent any sufferin.

iv also been told that the dog fox will play an active part in rearin motherless weened cubs...any info on this as well woud be appreciated, i have watched the old dog fox taking food to the den and sittin about 100yd 200 ys back and callin, and the vixen takin the grub..cheers guys

I had to sort out a lamb killer a couple of years ago,it was a tiny vixen that you wouldnt have thought would have taken so many lambs.

On another occasion I shot a dog fox that had also been killing,it was carrying a back leg.Therefore I presume it couldnt hunt so well and took the easy option.

We checked a earth some years back for a pig farmer and out side there was a sow's head.It hadn't been killed just brought from the muck heap across the field. those's day that [bANNED TEXT] the farmers did not making myself sound old only 15 years ago :icon_redface:

I GET LOTS OF CALL OUTS EVERY YEAR AND HAVE FOUND THAT FOXES TAKE LAMBS It is as simple as that some are old some young some carring back les it dont mater if its an easy meal they take it they take young deer take piglet theyre a fecking pest that needs controld lol. On lot of accasions i have seen the dog fox bringing food for cubs [bANNED TEXT] the mother has been culled . AND YOU CAN BE SURE THE CUBS WILL STILL BNE THERE IN THE AUTUM ;) AS THE DOG WILL FEED EM BUT WONT MOVE EM. WHAT A START FOR A YOUNG PUP :angel: