lamping for ginger!!!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest varmartin

Hi fellas, just like to join this post and say hello to all.

i can vouch for varminter in all he says as we are shootin buddys!!

allthough i have not got the money he has to spend on guns!

shot some real long range bunnys with him and always have lots of fun. :)

will try and post some pics of my rifles when i get the hang of it ( my first time and all)

speak latter---varmartin

will try and post some pics of my rifles when i get the hang of it ( my first time and all)

speak latter---varmartin

welcome to the forum varmartin sound's like you and varminter have some excelent shooting not many longrange shooter's on here only wish i had the chance to do some proper longrange shooting look forward to seeing your set up keep on posting :good:

Guest varmartin

speak latter---varmartin

welcome to the forum varmartin sound's like you and varminter have some excelent shooting not many longrange shooter's on here only wish i had the chance to do some proper longrange shooting look forward to seeing your set up keep on posting :good:

hi foxshot, thanks for the welcome.

we are real lucky to have some good open ground to shoot over.

varminter has given me a lot of good advice on long range shooting and we always have a hoot when we go hunting. as he said my best rabbit was 478 yards with his 243 ackley off the roof of a 4x4.only just the other day did we both beat our records by quite some distance and it is real nice to know i did it with my own rifle.

at the time i was shooting my rem700 243 loaded with 58 vmax pushed by 44grns of vit140 3900fps. took three shots to nail that rabbit at 642 yards----i near fell off the roof of his suzuki jeep when i hit the furry fella!!!!

Guest varmartin

speak latter---varmartin

hi foxshot, thanks for the welcome.

we are real lucky to have some good open ground to shoot over.

varminter has given me a lot of good advice on long range shooting and we always have a hoot when we go hunting. as he said my best rabbit was 478 yards with his 243 ackley off the roof of a 4x4.only just the other day did we both beat our records by quite some distance and it is real nice to know i did it with my own rifle.

at the time i was shooting my rem700 243 loaded with 58 vmax pushed by 44grns of vit140 3900fps. took three shots to nail that rabbit at 642 yards----i near fell off the roof of his suzuki jeep when i hit the furry fella!!!!

these are two of the rifles we use

mine at the back 223remington sako 75

varminters at front same in 6ppc

cant seem to add pictures--any help welcome all i get is error ( and i resized pic)

Guest varmartin

god damn, got a picture on here and now it appears to be copyrighted by huntinglife.com

this is a photo i took of my 223 sako and varminters 6ppc sako,

these are our `short range rifles` out to about 3-400 yards. i also have a remington 700 VLS 243 win and i will try and post a picture also---see what i can balls up this time!!!!

a brace of sako 75`s. 223 remington at back . 6ppc at front

nice guns there lads :good: if you dont mind me asking how much did the gun's set you back

hi there foxshot and welcome to the site varmartin!!!!!! Foxshot thats sure is a nice rifle you got there my friend!!!!!! Would like to take you up on the offer of that hunting film - thats very kind of you- thankyou!!!! As for cost the sako 75 VLS , they are retailing around just over £1000 mark and leupold MK4 6-20 - 50 around £830 and this has the alluminated recticle. I have owned mine for 4 years now and i am very pleased with it and i know that varmartin is pleased with his in 223 too!!! As for long range varminting , it does not matter how far they are as long as you are enjoying what you are doing!!!! Foxshot do you do crow control with your rifle???? And what other types of shooting do you do???? :good::good:

a brace of sako 75`s. 223 remington at back . 6ppc at front

nice guns there lads :good: if you dont mind me asking how much did the gun's set you back

hi there foxshot and welcome to the site varmartin!!!!!! Foxshot thats sure is a nice rifle you got there my friend!!!!!! Would like to take you up on the offer of that hunting film - thats very kind of you- thankyou!!!! As for cost the sako 75 VLS , they are retailing around just over £1000 mark and leupold MK4 6-20 - 50 around £830 and this has the alluminated recticle. I have owned mine for 4 years now and i am very pleased with it and i know that varmartin is pleased with his in 223 too!!! As for long range varminting , it does not matter how far they are as long as you are enjoying what you are doing!!!! Foxshot do you do crow control with your rifle???? And what other types of shooting do you do???? :good::good:

Hi there foxshot thought i send a picture of varmartin and myself set up for long range testing!! The white target board is 700YDS away , and the gorse below it is where we had the long range bunnies!!! :good:dscf08367pi.jpg

yes you are right varminter it does not matter how far away your target is but it's nice to know you can make contact at long ranges , i have missed fox's etc at less than 100 yds walk in the park shot's but still missed but then shoot them past 200 ? havnt realy tried my rifle past 300 may just have to try now, as for what i shoot it's mostly fox's with the remi, deer in scotland not so many rabbit's now my areas have almost been cleaned out with what i dont know the ocasional crow just for fun have a winchester 243 for deer this side of the border , varmartin if you are intrested in the long range shooting dvd let me know and i will pm you my address and you can send a stamped addressed a4 envelope and i will do the rest ,nice fox by the way

Guest varmartin

dscf00234ax.jpg

Hi foxshot, thought you may like to see my remington 700VLS 243win /leupold 6.5-20x40 with stoneypoint target turrets. this is the rifle i use for long rang varminting,my usual load is 58 grain vmax leaving the muzzle at about 3900 fps...awsome on small game.( they just turn into `red mist` ).105 amax is awsome allso and bucks the wind- 58 vmax when no wind is good for700 yards if i do my bit!

This rifle is soon to be modified by Russ Gall of RG Rifles in scotland the spec will be as follows.

26 in Krieger heavy barrel, blue printed action chambered in 6MM BR. Jewell trigger.Custom bolt from Dave kiff in the US...hoping to get done in August if all goes to plan!!!