lamping for ginger!!!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You shoot foxes with a 6.5x284? :icon_eek: i can see your gonna fit right in here :good: come on then, lets have the rifle specs, it looks like a lazzeroni stock? rpa action?

Clever shit :D

I agrea,it looks like a lazzeroni stock and a rpa action :tongue2: And a T8 mod :whistle:

Thanks for the welcome , i thought i would send a picture of me 6.5-284 i use sometimes when i am out lamping!!!!

foxingwithnigel0049pd.jpg

Thanks , i call it my windy night gun!!! Its a custom RPA action and trigger , BORDER 1 in 8.5 twist 26 inch fluted barrel , LAZZERONI stock and REFLEX moderator. Its favorite load is , LAPUA brass FULLY PREPPED!!!! / FEDERAL 210 match primers / 140 A-MAX bullets loaded ten thou into lands and a charge of 50 grains of H4832SC powder. I have taken roe / red deer / foxes and long range bunnies with this outfit and i must say i am pleased with it. :)

Forgot to say yes i use a night force NXS 5.5 - 22 - 56 scope , nice kit too. I also use a SAKO 75 VLS in 6PPC USA and i absolutely love this gun for varmints!!!!!!! hope you like it.. dscf06942xx.jpg

Thanks for the welcome , i thought i would send a picture of me 6.5-284 i use sometimes when i am out lamping!!!!

foxingwithnigel0049pd.jpg

Thanks , i call it my windy night gun!!! Its a custom RPA action and trigger , BORDER 1 in 8.5 twist 26 inch fluted barrel , LAZZERONI stock and REFLEX moderator. Its favorite load is , LAPUA brass FULLY PREPPED!!!! / FEDERAL 210 match primers / 140 A-MAX bullets loaded ten thou into lands and a charge of 50 grains of H4832SC powder. I have taken roe / red deer / foxes and long range bunnies with this outfit and i must say i am pleased with it. :)

Forgot to say yes i use a night force NXS 5.5 - 22 - 56 scope , nice kit too. I also use a SAKO 75 VLS in 6PPC USA and i absolutely love this gun for varmints!!!!!!! hope you like it.. dscf06942xx.jpg

Thought i send you a picture if me first RPA which was chambered for the 243 ackley improved!!!!!!copyof500yds105amaxtesting0036.jpg

Is it worthwile ai, ing the .243? can you recall its barrel life buddy?

Yes its most definately going for the 243 ackley improved!!!! I have always fancied a custom gun so saved up and bought me a RPA INTERCEPTOR , This has a RPA action and trigger , BORDER 1 in 9 twist 26 inch barrel and a robertson stock. This rifle was worth every penny!!! I was running fireformed fully prepped LAPUA brass / FEDERAL 210 MATCH PRIMERS / 105 A-MAX bullets seated ten into lands ans a charge of 47 GRAINS OF VIHT N-165 powder . This load was averaging 3150FPS and grouping in the 0.300 inch , thats when i done my job properly in testing it!!!!!!! This load was a great long range varminting load!!!! If you want to know any more please ask and will try to help if i can!!!!!!!!! Regards too you all...........VARMINTER........ :D

Is it worthwile ai, ing the .243? can you recall its barrel life buddy?

Yes its most definately going for the 243 ackley improved!!!! I have always fancied a custom gun so saved up and bought me a RPA INTERCEPTOR , This has a RPA action and trigger , BORDER 1 in 9 twist 26 inch barrel and a robertson stock. This rifle was worth every penny!!! I was running fireformed fully prepped LAPUA brass / FEDERAL 210 MATCH PRIMERS / 105 A-MAX bullets seated ten into lands ans a charge of 47 GRAINS OF VIHT N-165 powder . This load was averaging 3150FPS and grouping in the 0.300 inch , thats when i done my job properly in testing it!!!!!!! This load was a great long range varminting load!!!! If you want to know any more please ask and will try to help if i can!!!!!!!!! Regards too you all...........VARMINTER........ :D

Sorry i forgot to say i had fired over 1800 rounds through this rifle and it was still shooting sweet , but i sold her to buy my new tool , the 6.5-284!!!!!!!!!!!!! :good:

wish i had that sort of money must have cost a bomb!

Hi blando hope you are well , the answer to your question is yes they are expensive but they are worth it in the accurracy they deliver , money is one thing i do not have plenty of!!! I am fortunate that i live with me dad and we share house expendages and after that i spend most my money on me rifle shooting , whether its target / varmint / deer or out foxing.. Hope you do not mind me saying that some factory rifles shoot fantastic , but if you save for a custom rifle its more than worth it!!!!!!!!!! HAPPY HUNTING FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!! :good::good:

impresive setups there varminter i dont have anything as fancy as that wouldnt mind though , look's like you can take long range shot's if you dont mind me asking what's the longest shot you have taken a varmint out my personel best was 275 give or take yds on a fox using a remi 700 vssf ,

impresive setups there varminter i dont have anything as fancy as that wouldnt mind though , look's like you can take long range shot's if you dont mind me asking what's the longest shot you have taken a varmint out my personel best was 275 give or take yds on a fox

Hi foxshot thanks for your question and hope you are well!!! I own two rifles now - the sako 75 in 6PPC and leupold MK4 6-20 - 50 scope and the RPA 6.5-284 with the NIGHTFORCE . I sold the 243 ackley so i could afford the 6.5-284. Now as for long range varmints i have enjoyed this very much . My personal best started at 427 YDS bunnie , then it went to 487YDS bunnie with the ackley impoved which my mate martin shares with me because the other bunnie stayed there!!!!!! this was over twelve months ago now this year martin has had a 642YDS bunnie with his 243 remington and i was fortunate to get a 662YDS bunnie with me 6.5-284, took 3 shots to get on though!!!! PLease do not think i am boasting because over the years we have spent alot of time testing loads @ 100 / 200 / 300 / 400 / 500 YDS this we do regulary and then this year testing @ 700YDS. Its when you connect at these ranges it makes all the testing worth it!!! I use a LEICA LRF 800 rangefinder and a SPEEDTECH windmeter and a ballisics program sheet to tell me drop and drift at different ranges and wind speeds. I am far than a expert at this but belive me this long range varminting is sure fun!!!!! IF you have any more questions please ask and i shall do me best to answer them. HAPPY LONG RANGE VARMINTING FRIENDS!!!!!!!!! :good::good:

that's some impresive shooting , i dont have the ground where i can get those type of range shot's not that i am capable of doing it though , sounds like you realy know youre stuf , i dont know if you have heard of the dvd beyond beleif long range hunting , excelent dvd you would like it , if you havnt seen it and would like a copy pm me and i can sort something out hopeing to get a 300 yd fox this season then work out , i know it's not a patch on the shot's you can take , a friend of mine has a custom 6 ppc and before he moved to canada he said i could get a good setup if i bought a second hand remi then got border barrels to do work on it ,new barrel etc for a reasonable amount ,maybe sometime fingers crossed