cattle dog and kelpie x ?

Wouldn't mind seeing some photos of your Kelpie mate, your grey /kelpies look good, adding ACD may produce heavier built, if you did cross acd/kelpie the finer boned ones may be more to your suiting.

I have a ACD/WHIP/GREY who is only 22inch, she is whippet size with cattle dog build, very agile and strong built, 14 months old, only used her for mooching and ferreting, has good nose and hunts well.

The photos are on earlier replies.

Both your lurchers look very capable, especially like the dog.

Thanks these are the pics of my pure Kelpie bitch that I put on an earlier post

IMG_1149_edited-1.jpg

IMG_1154_edited-1.jpg

Mike

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cheers mate shes 2nd generation cattle dog greyhound. Atb Adam 

Posted Images

Wouldn't mind seeing some photos of your Kelpie mate, your grey /kelpies look good, adding ACD may produce heavier built, if you did cross acd/kelpie the finer boned ones may be more to your suiting.

I have a ACD/WHIP/GREY who is only 22inch, she is whippet size with cattle dog build, very agile and strong built, 14 months old, only used her for mooching and ferreting, has good nose and hunts well.

The photos are on earlier replies.

Both your lurchers look very capable, especially like the dog.

Thanks these are the pics of my pure Kelpie bitch that I put on an earlier post

IMG_1149_edited-1.jpg

IMG_1154_edited-1.jpg

Mike

Thanks mate, like her very much, doubt if there would be more you could add, both the Kelpie and ACD are strong durable and have good nose and drive, and very similar in make up, ACD maybe heavier/bigger built, my niece who farms 30 miles away has just got one, seeing yours will spur me to go and have a look.

She looks very alert and keen, my type of dogs, my bitch is a smaller version only acd red and speckle.

Thanks for that.

Finn .............thanks for the compliments fella can't get out the house at the moment as me heads to big....lol....... :D ......

It`s not the size of your head that's stopping you its the fecking Bolts Mike :laugh:;)

I have never know a thread reach 8 pages with out some fecker having a knock,its been so well mannered ?? Must be because there no pretender`s chipping in,lol.

Here`s the pup that was sired by Okara Max Mike he`s just over 9 month old and stands 21 ish as you can see he looks a strong type and has a very good hunting instinct especially for Deer :D

vince.jpg

Finn .............thanks for the compliments fella can't get out the house at the moment as me heads to big....lol....... :D ......

It`s not the size of your head that's stopping you its the fecking Bolts Mike :laugh:;)

I have never know a thread reach 8 pages with out some fecker having a knock,its been so well mannered ?? Must be because there no pretender`s chipping in,lol.

Here`s the pup that was sired by Okara Max Mike he`s just over 9 month old and stands 21 ish as you can see he looks a strong type and has a very good hunting instinct especially for Deer

Sheamus, like the pup, very strong, coloured like my old ACD cross, good to hear has strong hunting instinct, would like to see more photos as he progresses.

Cheers WR.

Here`s the pup that was sired by Okara Max Mike he`s just over 9 month old and stands 21 ish as you can see he looks a strong type and has a very good hunting instinct especially for Deer :D

vince.jpg

Cheeky bugger lol he looks a nice type did you get him from the lyndhurst kennels? It's been a good thread this one, one of the first I have contributed to in a long time and suprisingly no arguing :blink::clapper:

Mike

He was direct from Woolstone just before they fecked off back to Oz Mike.

He has a good hunting drive pity the girlfriends slowly fecking it up :laugh: i`m looking forward to seeing him on stuff in the ground :D

I`ll keep you updated WR :thumbs:

vince9-2.jpg

He was direct from Woolstone just before they fecked off back to Oz Mike.

He has a good hunting drive pity the girlfriends slowly fecking it up :laugh: i`m looking forward to seeing him on stuff in the ground :D

I`ll keep you updated WR :thumbs:

vince9-2.jpg

Woolstone is where Ruby was bred to, they look to have bred some decent stuff in their time. How the hell have you got a girlfriend ? how does she cope with you................. :D

If it was possible how about a straight dingo x

Now that would be something interesting for you lads wouldn't it.

Must be 1 or 2 floating about in aus and being worked i reckon. ;)

I,v got a few pics of a couple of dingos i saw somewere they looked the part.

Good interestin thread by the way lads.

Sheamus is the pup true kelpie?I saw a pup advertised on the farmers journal yesterday,up in northern Ireland,cookstown.didnt mention the breeding but brand new bloodline it said.I am hoping to meet up with a kerry farmer that has a kelpie soon,just to get a look at it in action.

Sheamus, there will be German shepherds all over the country just sat, quietly, crying into their medication when they look at that photo of your pup. All the dogs on this post just ooze robustness (is that even a real word) and health.

Lets hope they stay that way, hope they stay in the hands of people who work them.

Cheers, Finn.

Sheamus is the pup true kelpie?I saw a pup advertised on the farmers journal yesterday,up in northern Ireland,cookstown.didnt mention the breeding but brand new bloodline it said.I am hoping to meet up with a kerry farmer that has a kelpie soon,just to get a look at it in action.

He`s a Kelpie jigsaw and was registered the other week with some silly feck off name that the girlfriend made up :blush: but i`d like to make clear right now and assure you all i had no part in this.

It`s not good for the image that stuff :laugh:

Robustness is a good description we all can understand that ;)

Mike the girlfriend has a firm hand and about the same size as a Brickie`s so i tow the line,lol.

When I bought my first kelpie I was really worried that the shepherd I bought him from wouldn't sell the pup to some fool who'd waste him by just chasing rabbits. It's great to find so many other people who work them too. I have to admit that I bought him with the intention of producing a litter of lurcher pups but by the time he was a year old I swapped my allegiance. I'd probably catch a lot more with a lurcher but I much prefer the company of my prick-eared mongrels. :thumbs:

I'm a bit of a computerphobic and have only just built up the courage to save a load of photos to my laptop after possibly loosing the photos of the first week of my son's life (the CD shows them as thumbnails but claims there's nothing there). :cry: I'll try to get my head around photobucket and put up some photos of my three soon.