cattle dog and kelpie x ?

i also have one , kelpie/grey x whipp/grey.

as the others have said great feet , and great staminar , and mines only 1'/4 . mine hates terriers .

very agile , streight over gates and fences with out touching , always predicts wich holes rabbits will bolt from.

the down side with mine is she will open up on some quarry.

DSCF0015ml2-1.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cheers mate shes 2nd generation cattle dog greyhound. Atb Adam 

Posted Images

Guest ferret feller

if you got a good working kelpie and put it too a good coursing greyhound might the dogs still have the hearding instinkt and try too herd the rabbits/deer/hares depending on your location....

be a good netting dog anyhow :o

if you got a good working kelpie and put it too a good coursing greyhound might the dogs still have the hearding instinkt and try too herd the rabbits/deer/hares depending on your location....

Don't think do mate, what about all the collie and other herding dog crosses, may have the instinct but still catch stuff.

No

As was shown in the video clip; they certainly have no qualms about grabbing hold of thing so there's no need to worry about the herding instinct having negative implications.

I know of at least six kelpies used solely for field sports within the British Isles.

The shepherd in the clip bought his original stock from the shepherd who bred my old kelpie and he also bred the sire of my two bitches.

This is a great thread fellas, keep up the good work.

Lovely looking dogs on here, Mike, your big dogs absolutely stunning, is he out of a kelpie bitch to a greyhound sire and what sort of height/weight is he ?

Interesting hearing all the comments on the kelpie cross personality and physical traits they sound familiar.

Will try and get some snaps of our kelpie blooded stuff up if I can, pretty shite with the computer still I'm afraid.

Look forward to seeing more, lets hope this thread stays with the dogs and doesn't get hyjacked by some personalities bickering.

Good health, Finn.

I advised you well exotic mike ;) infact it looks like it changed your life :D

Is that you then "V" ? having Cody certainly changed my life he has taught me more about dog training than any book or video could have, this was the reason for progressing with this cross as they suit me just wanted something a little smaller which is what I have got.

Finn

The big man is 27" and 70 pound when he's fit. He was from a Kelpie dog put to a Greyhound bitch mating. The bitch I have is only 10 months old and is around 23" and 46 pound she is from a Kelpie bitch put to greyhound dog mating (my own bitch put to Dave Sleights greyhound) The pups from my litter do seem to be a bit smaller than from the litter that the big fella came from which is interesting when you consider the Kelpie blood used is exactly the same as they are brother and sister.

Mike

It is I Mike ;) I have regularly taken out a dog which was sired by Okara Max a (Pure Kelpie) used him for beating/shooting and bushing. Nice solid dog, big feck off ears like you wouldn't believe.

He`s Put me off kelpie crosses for life though :laugh:

Those two of your`s are looking well :thumbs:

You gotta get the right Kelpie blood butty :D the bitch I have is a nice compact size and has also been used for beating ferreting, longnetting ect and was well proven before being used, like Sleighty says all greyhounds are not the same, could be the same about the Kelpie's too. What I do know is I am happy with what I have and they suit me and what I want from my dog's :D

Mike

Some nice looking Dogs there Mike :thumbs: I like that little Bitch that Wild Rover has, she is a nice little Bitch.

I will get some pictures up of my Pup off Fireman as soon as my Mate has time to come and put them up for me,

myself and hi-tech stuff dont mix :doh::doh:

dunmanwayhills006.jpg

BILD0127.jpg

e363eea3.jpg

3fc77f14.jpg

Taz above was bred by MIKE on here and shes a superb prospect,shes got endless stamina and a pleasure to stock break and train.I dont get on here much now as my computer has packed up.Im using my nephews machine any chance i get.I have intentions of geting another in time I'm so impressed with her.Looking forward to next season,but she definitely does NOT like water,hopefully that'll change.

A striking looking bitch Jigsaw :thumbs: Very true Mike not everything turns out the same and sometime`s even an educated hand cannot sway things in his favor.

I have always fancied a first cross ACDXGreyhound something heavy built like a bus legs like cricket stumps you know the type ;)

That chocolate dog in the edge of the picture Mike is that one of yours?

Edited by sheamus