ldr-----mark brick???????????????????????????????

Well said Joe :clapper: Driving the fields is fun, you will see more game, get closer to it and cover more ground, but that doesnt mean you cant still have a good night doing it the old fashioned way. And you get a much closer bond with your dog working together on foot. If you get a good night out in good company and with decent dogs 5 or 6 hours lamping can seem like just a couple, time does fly when your having fun ;):D Theres just no pleasing some people though :o

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations LDR

Will it be worse listening to MB moan and giving excuses about losing or having to listen to him bragging if he had won? :blink::hmm:

It will be interesting to see what excuses he comes up with, but evidently he jacked after 1hr 50 mins, saying there was not enough rabbits, but Tommo reckons they could have been into the 40's if they had carried on !

Cheers.

I dont know the other lads but have met Tomo , and I would take his word without hesitation.Congratulations to LDR on both counts ,for Winning ,and organising the competiton ,and rising above all the petty, spiteful, back stabbing comments from a minority who seemed determined to sabotage a unique and riveting happening on here , long may it continue!

Edited by inan
Congratulations LDR

Will it be worse listening to MB moan and giving excuses about losing or having to listen to him bragging if he had won? :blink::hmm:

It will be interesting to see what excuses he comes up with, but evidently he jacked after 1hr 50 mins, saying there was not enough rabbits, but Tommo reckons they could have been into the 40's if they had carried on !

Cheers.

WELL DONE LDR AND BRUCE

as for there not being many rabbits about look at the time of year it is :clapper: we regularly lamp these farms taking good numbers most nights still to say there is not enough rabbits after 1hr 50mins and having 20 in the bag with an hour to go says it all really it wasnt that when mark won his fist heat on 9 rabbits to 7 was it ;) well done kat and bruce you both ran well and i hope injury free :clapper: thats all that matters mark you lost get used to that fact :yes:

i wonder what excuses will emerge now mark hates LOSING and really spat his dummy out :clapper:

ps i beleive ldr and tomo have a good picture of the end of night shot its a belter hope it come out ;)

Edited by woodga

Well then lads and lasses, i'll quickly tell you what happened beofre i go to the VIP area and get my winners blow job!!!!!!

We started at 22:10 and got into the fields, conditions were good nice wind blowing and some rain too, Tomo elected mark to go first as he was the visitor and travvelled so far, which is only right, age before beauty really.......... :yes: ........... Cat missed her first slip which was the way it was to go with mark playing catch up, i think at one point it was back on evens with one miss a piece, but then bruce seemed to find his stride a bit quicker!!!!! After the first drop off we were on 5 each and i had a run in hand, from here on in bruce only went on to miss one more rabbit and cat wasn't as lucky.......... :no: ............Seeing as the numbers weren't what they usually are on this piece of land.....ie woodga taking 90 odd off it with 2 dogs........... i said we'd move onto another spot just along the road, at this point i asked tomo to clock the time so it could be restarted with the remaining time on the next bit........... :yes: .............mark had asked tomo whether the time we spent walking along the road was gonna be taken off, about 5 minutes i'd guess..............10 at a push............. as we pasted one of the fields, mark slipped cat on another rabbit which she missed taking her miss total upto 5.......... :yes:............ when she returned mark said he was calling it a night as this wasn't what he does, he said he prefers lots of rabbits and non stop run after run after run and that if we'd run it down cornwall we'd have had thousands to go at............ :doh: ............. Tomo tried to talk mark into finishing the heat and carrying on but he was having non of it........... :no: ............... So at 1hr 50mins into the heat mark said that was him stopping............... :icon_eek: ............... the final tally of rabbits was 20 and by the misses would've been 11-9 in favour of bruce with bruce also having a run in hand............... :victory:

Tomo has got a couple of pictures that he'll put up tomorrow with his version of events............but in the meantime make of it what you will!!!!!!

I wonder whether mark would've called it a night if he'd been ahead of bruce on misses, or maybe he didnt want to think how big the gap would've been by the end of the night??? who knows, i'm a bit dissapointed how its ended, but then again mark did say to a few people that he'd win his heats and then pull out so the best dog didnt win, so maybe he's come good on his word and this is just the last attempt to slag the comp cos it didnt go his way!!!!!!!!!

Whatever way you look at it, The rescue dog that mark affectionately called a horse and said was tooooooooo big for rabbits has won............ :toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast:

Well done mate, and well done Bruce "The Wonder Dog" !!!!!!!! It looks like Mark could see a gap opening up between the dogs and decided to cut and run !So instead of getting well beat, he can now start complaining, but thats just what we expected !! Anyhow, Bruce went all the way, no byes, ran every round, and won !!! :clapper:

Cheers.

Well done mate, and well done Bruce "The Wonder Dog" !!!!!!!! It looks like Mark could see a gap opening up between the dogs and decided to cut and run !So instead of getting well beat, he can now start complaining, but thats just what we expected !! Anyhow, Bruce went all the way, no byes, ran every round, and won !!! :clapper:

Cheers.

Cheers.............. :victory: .............to be honest i didnt think bruce would do it, you know yourself all the injuries he's had this season and his fitness is nowhere near what it should be, even upto to 2 weeks ago he was still lame and has only had short walks on a lead, but if nothing else he knows his job and his catch rates were just better tonight........ saying that though i wouldn't like to have seen the result if he'd had woodga to run as, Typp has beat bruce everytime we go out!!!!!!! But thats another big dog thats cant catch these easy northern rabbits.................. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

LDR WON !!!! Bruce missed 2 and Cat missed 5, after 1 hour and 50minutes, MB jacked; he said there wasn't enough rabbits around, and he didn't like walking asllong a road !!!! Just spoke to Tommo and LDR .

Cheers.

YOU FECKING BEAUTY!!

Beating the loony would have been good enough, but that is the iceing on the cake..........

LDR WON !!!! Bruce missed 2 and Cat missed 5, after 1 hour and 50minutes, MB jacked; he said there wasn't enough rabbits around, and he didn't like walking asllong a road !!!! Just spoke to Tommo and LDR .

Cheers.

YOU FECKING BEAUTY!!

Beating the loony would have been good enough, but that is the iceing on the cake..........

Did you set your alarm for this???? :D

Just been out lamping, went tonight specifically to be up late to see the result.

The Brick Shithouse LOST!!!

"It's my ball and I don't want to play any more"

FANNY!

Congratulations to LDR And Bruce. :victory::thumbs:

I can't believe after all the arguments i have read on this site about this dog jacking that dog jacking, that it come down to the handler jacking. :D

Sounds like Bruce was on form and wasn't going to get caught by Kat tonight anyway :no:

Still Mark and Kat made the final, and that is no mean feat, so well done to them.

But it Goes to show, all the rosetts in the world can't beat a well trained ex shelter dog if he has the heart. ;)

Edited by Halfinch