• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a couple of definate certainties about this show:

1/ I'm gonna be a sponsor :)

2/ Its gonna be one of the best show's of the year as usual ;)

3/ Mr Huberry is gonna get me as pissed as a newt!!, very unsual!! as his wallets always full of old white fiver's and ten bob note's and he has'nt bought a round of drinks since 1972 :blink:

4/ My old hipflask will be filled with some new Poteen

5/ The craic's gonna be the best!! and some of the finest working dogs in the UK will be on site

6/ Best of all is sharing a weekend with some of the finest and most genuine of people!!

Tom

my mate is also having another look down with us this year...he was not going to bother as both his dogs passed away since the last show...not really the same without them...we had both qualified for the show last year :yes: ...but niether of us have qualifield this year :( but that is the way it goes....just good to meet like minded people and see this seasons dogs and get some of last seasons stories...my mate and i have both got a pup each out of a litter i bred last year, so looking forward to dabbling with the racing,not sure how we will do but its all good fun :thumbs:

Edited by andrewdack

Tom I didn't realise I had my pocket open enough for you to see the contents of my wallet I will have to be more carefull in future, it's pretty bad being told your tight by a scotsman, as for not getting a round in, thats because of your wit and charm theres no need to buy a drink when every one else is plying us with it, the wifes just said to make sure I take a ten pound note with me if we are going to be drinking all weekend, and she hopes that your going to be looking after me properly and see me and the tenner get home safely

Limited edition prints available, proceeds to BAD-UK, Available at EDRD show

As you can see in my new avataar a drawing of me and my Foxmask sporran being ragged by a Patterdale Terrier

David Harcombe of EDRD Magazine kindly donated the original drawings to raise funds for BADA-UK the Lymes disease charity and they will soon be available, for a raffle or auction? I'm gonna get them specially mounted with a copy of the original article and my reply which David assures me will be included in next months isssue, In the meantime there are a no: of limited edition prints put together in a top quality double mount, in full colour with the title EDRD magazine depicting me getting my foxmask sporran nailed by a Welsh lads patterdale!! These prints depict an actual event that took place at the Midland Game Fair some years ago the prints are limited to 150 I'll have some prints available at the EDRD show on the 9th August If anyone on here is interested please pm me for price!

Tom

Don't forget if your coming up for the weekend then pop along to our show on the saturday its only a few miles up the road. THE MANIFOLD VALLEY FOXHOUNDS WORKING LURCHER AND TERRIER SHOW, at the Manifold Valley Agricultural Show, nr ILAM DE6 2BA. Starts Midday, Qualifiers for EDRD, Derbyshire Bull Cross, NL&RC, Pride of Peaks, Countrymans Weekly, North Wales 2010 & Lurcherworld.

Please come along and support our footpack, a fantastic local show with plenty of entertainment, just hope the weather holds out!

:)