• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well what can I say, an absolutely stunning show!!! full of decent guys and girls and some really cracking dogs.

Just got home to South Somerset, Dogs fed and watered, car unpacked and ready for bed I think! I've managed about 10hrs sleep over the last four days.

Started the weekend with a drive up from Langoroux's place in Cornwall (I'll post about that in the Lurcher section). What should of been a 5 1/2hr journey turned into an 8hr nightmare :angry: bloody traffic :censored:

Finally got to the site about 8.30pm, tent up and straight to the bar to be met by a Tom, Kilted and with fox mask Sporan on show, apologises accepted for comments about skirts then the drinking could start!

Whilst stood chatting we heard a small voice coming from outside, went out to be met by a young girl singing an alternative version of 'I wish I was a punk rocker' by Sandi Thorn She had changed it to 'I wish I was a Fox hunter, with a Lurcher by my side'. It was brilliant and had the whole crowd silent! :clapper:

Also met up with John and his two sons, who left me exceedingly jealous by regalling me with tales of the amount of rabbits you guys have up North!! It was good to meet you three :good:. Then to be dragged to bed by the missus muttering about early starts :icon_redface:

I met Mally in the morning whilst waiting for the racing to start and had a flick through his photos, most of which were amazing shots of dogs in action taken by himself and his lad :good: As he was the race photographer, I hope he got a decent one of Roo I can purchase!

(also could you Thank Nicola for the coke and chocolate for the girls :good:)

I had entered Roo in the simulated racing only to see him and the dog he was racing, both stop at the second turn having lost the lure!!! so straight out of that :icon_redface:

I almost missed the Bullcross show class but luckily was allowed to enter late and Roo got Third!!! I was so proud of my big lad! as their was some amazing dogs in the ring with him and I didn't think he stood a chance! also I was a bit worried as Roo had a swollen lip and some cuts from the night before! :icon_redface:

A quick sprint over to the straight racing and Roo's straight into the blocks, got his red colours on and lined up against some fit looking whippet/greys and collie/greys but manages to lead all the way to the line :boogie: then to hear the radio say 'Green won' :doh: Their was a bit of confusion in the crowd saying they thought the brindle (Roo) won it? but the judges verdict is final.

Never mind, we'll try again next year.

With all the racing and showing out of the way, we could relax and enjoy the show... and what a show! it was easily the biggest group of working Lurchers I've ever seen!!! from 16inch, 20lb, rabbiting dogs up to 30inch, 90lb, draw dogs!

Whilst walking along the stands I spotted Strong Stuff with a table full of impresive looking collars so stopped for a chin wag, I should of remembered the rumours I'd heard about him, as it wasn't long before he was showing me his inner thigh!!! :icon_redface:

It was really good to meet you big man and thanks for the collar, I'll get a photo of it in action later on!

As we had a 5hr journey ahead we had to head on, so missed the hound show and digging comp.

Sorry for rambling on but it was an amazing show.

Thanks to Fell Type and everyone that made it possible. :good:

I hope I can come again next year!!!

Cheers

Luke.

Edited by bullmastiff

Was a good do :D. I was hoping the skinny bloke on his own was gona win the digging comp but i think the 2 lads next to him had all the gear :D. The 3 bull xs in the final were more like horses that dogs. I was impressed by how little trouble there was between the dogs. I think ill be back next year.

it was a really good show , and a good turn out , will definatly be there next year , and its good to go to a show where they dont have your pants down at the gate with silly entrance prises , ......... will be the show to beat soon atb mr poach :thumbs:

thankyou all for the good comments and glad you all had a great day

dannys still up at the show packing up with a massive hangover

photos up later hopefully if mally gets the time

carnt remember all the winners as dannys still got all the paperworkso ill post what i can remember

edrd champion terrier mark greenleys russell reserve was paul clarks black fell

derbyshire bull x lee walker

working lurcher champion think it was paul or dave bartlett

like i say danny will put the full list up later if hes in a fit state

once again thankyou all for you support x sue :clapper::clapper:

carnt remember all the winners as dannys still got all the paperworkso ill post what i can remember

here,s a few if you dont mind..

thanks for a great day.. :clapper::clapper:

post-945-1249901033.jpg

post-945-1249901191.jpg

Edited by byron

here,s a few if you dont mind..

thanks for a great day.. :clapper::clapper:

a couple more..

post-945-1249901314.jpg

post-945-1249901351.jpg

Yeah, got to agree, had a super time, bit of a ball ache getting there, as i got lost but once there it was spot on. Met some nice lads, and saw some nice dogs.

My dog also won first in the Beddyx section and a thropy so was well chuffed with that. Thanks again for a good day out...

Had a great day myself, Good weather helped. :D "sunburnt yed" ouch.....Lol..

Four pups that i`de bred and their dam were all in the Bull X championship one got down to the final dozen.

Mar lady enjoyed the ferret show, and their was just enough stalls to keep ya busy but not so many as to detract from the main reason for being their, good banter with like minded people and to admire some decent dog flesh from all over the country, :clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

Here`s a few pics i took,....

Winners of the Bull X champ show. :clapper:

EDRD090809-13.jpg

EDRD090809-11.jpg

EDRD090809-1.jpg

EDRD090809-2.jpg

Brock090809-1.jpg

My bitch won Vetran..... :D

EDRD090809-19.jpg

Well done to the organizers a good day...

Yis Mars....

Edited by Mars

superb day -if only all shows put the emphasis on working dogs like this one does - i couldnt resist a sly smile when i saw the well known lurcher rossette hunters who were there mumbling as they were getting beat by true working dogs - keep up the good work !