• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Sue and Danny, OUTSTANDING SHOW. some cracking working dogs and some top people to chat too, Elane and Fran thankyou for feeding me and Dave :-) Tony R is a star ! Lynne H, now that guy has some tales to tell, i listened to him for hours, an out and out genuine guy.

And GASH, a real genuine guy too, raspberry vodka, cider and foxgun toms home brew made a mess of him lol.

Thanks once again to all who made my 2 days there very enjoyable.

Dogrun

IN YOUR p***y VAN LOOK ALIKE :clapper:

well done danny & sue on a fantastic show. all your hard work over the past year has paid off,the show just goes from strengh to strenth.the sheere number of people who came through the gate tells everyone what a fabulous show it was.this date is deffo one that everyone needs to put on their show callender for next year & many more to come. thanks for a great weekend x

here are the winners from the weekend

ED.RD champion lurcher ...D Bartlett ....reserve p latter

ED.RD Champion terrer ....m greenlee .... reserve p clarke

Derbyshire bull x Champion L walker .....reserve I Church

open show winners

champion lurcher ......d davis ... reserve j hill

champion lurcher pup j caul ..... reserve j tinsley

champion terrier j powell ....reserve i church

champion terrier pup g newton ..reserve p beckinsale

il get some photo,s up as soon as i can

raceing winners

simulated champion casper owned by a dack

reserve harry owned by k frost

under 23" champion jimmy owned by l fowler

" " reserve jet owned byl fletcher

over 23" champion sonny owned by r cockerton

" " reserve dice owner by p fowler

puppy raceing champion champion cracker owned by p slater

"" "" reserve tank owned by m merrin

terrier racing champion gypsy owned by i fisher

"" "" reserve toby owned by i trigg

allready working on next years show 2 judges sorted the date is 8th august 2010 and next years qualifiers are now available

Danny you can put us down for next year, theres no way we would mis it, has to be the best show we have done this year, and cant wait for the pride of the peaks

A MATE OF MINE HAS ASKED ME TO POST THIS .. ITS HIS ACOUNT OF THE WEEKEND . IT MADE ME SMILE

It was an extremely stressed but excited Joe that woke up on the Friday before the Earth Dog, Running Dog Show. I had just received an unexpected chicken delivery which had to be processed & frozen before it turned in the early morning sun. It was a full hour later than expected that I eventually turned up at my good friend’s house to pick him up (Tom Chalmers). Once all of his belongings had been placed in the car, we both set off as Tom had acquired a “Sat-Nav†therefore we didn’t get lost, a first for me. However we did miss a few turn offs as we travelled down the [bANNED TEXT], the M74 onto the M6 eventually turning off at Scotch Corner, because we were chatting so much. I had arranged to drop in on a friend, at Kirby Thore, to collect a digital camera so that I could take some half decent pictures for the show organiser, Danny Sykes.

After dining on a fine lunch, an hour later, both Tom & I continued down the A66 towards Pontefract in Yorkshire, where we had arranged to meet up with two of the show organisers, Fran & Aid. On arriving at our destination, introductions were made & then we all helped to load up their gear, after packing up their dogs, trophies, rosettes & caravan we continued towards our final destination the Earth Dog, Running Dog Show area.

The only incident worth mentioning occurred while we past through Derbyshire town centre, as we followed Fran & Aid, Tom & I listened to the reassuring female voice on the Sat-Nav that all was well, we all climbed up a narrow road up an ever increasingly steep hillside. On reaching the top of the hill we discovered that someone had come up with the bright idea of putting bollards across the road but had failed to tell the Sat-Nav people. As we helped Aid unhitch the caravan from his 4x4, so he could turn back around & find an alternative route. Finally we all arrived at our “chequered flag†final destination.

On disembarking I was introduced to the rest of the show organisers Danny Sykes, Mike & his daughter Hannah, Elaine & Tony Rutherford, their son Thomas & his girlfriend Rachel. Once the introduction were made we all set about the various jobs needed to make the ED/RD show happen, such as putting up the rings & the various marquees, while this was going on Elaine provided a most welcome meal of free range bacon & sausage “buttiesâ€. As we all sat down, after completing the night’s tasks we ate heartily, chatted & drank copious amounts of alcohol.

As the warm sun sunk low, Friday night drew on visitors & friends started to appear & were directed to their allocated parking spaces. Once they were established the party was underway & when the bar was opened the fun really began. Unfortunately the DJ failed to arrive, as he was detained in Oxfordshire but this did not stop us. Thanks to Brian (Baffy) & Lynn and co the party wasn’t without music. Everyone partied well into the early hours & despite everyone being drunk, I’m happy to report, there wasn’t a hint of trouble.

On waking I saw that it was going to be another sunny warm day but I also smelt a heartily breakfast, which consisted of sausages, free range duck eggs, toast & tea. All made by the fair hand of Elaine Rutherford, an angel in “Macham†clothing. After consuming my fill I felt I could take on the world. So I, along with Foxgun Tom, donned my kilt with the intention of mingling. Everyone was in high spirits & this boded for another excellent day. As I passed the bar I saw the barman loading up ten empty barrels onto the back of his 4x4, obviously like us he’d had a good night, this was to a sight that I’d seen more than once over the weekend.

As not all of us were needed, some stayed to man the gate while the rest of us attended local manifold valleys Agricultural Showâ€. The wonderful weather, well presented exhibits of old tractors, the cold ale & excellent company all added to the day. The funniest being when Tony Rutherford & I convinced Foxgun Tom that the barmaid had refused to accept my “Scottish†currency in exchange for a round of drinks. On hearing this news Tom advanced on the bar & attempted to buy another round using the same “Scottish†money. As we’d asked the barmaid to refuse his perfectly legal currency & so she was in on the joke, Tom understandably became upset & only calmed down when he heard us singing “smile you’re on Candid Cameraâ€. He has sworn revenge & we’re still waiting.

After a successful showing of our “Scottish†heritage & further promotion of the ED/RD show the following day, we all returned to the ED/RD show area. While I mingled & took photographs of the dogs & their owners, Elaine produced a sumptuous meal. This one was a homemade lasagne with garlic bread, which went down well with the ale I was consuming. Then I along with the rest of the visitors, who’d arrived during the day, hit the bar & made the proprietor even happier than the previous night, another ten barrels were drunk I’d say. This time thankfully the DJ had turned up & the entertainment began. Including some pole dancing, Ska dance routines & Karaoke, which all helped to make the Saturday night an ever better success that the previous night. Again despite the drunkenness not one a piece of bother or raised word was seen or heard.

On waking to the stunning Sunday morning, spirits were obviously high as the pending show began. After consuming another of Elaine’s cooked “full English breakfastsâ€. I donned my kilt again & set out meet, chat to, shake hands with, hug & kiss as many people as I could possible find. As I watched the hundreds of people (over a thousand turned up) flood through the gate, with the sun getting ever hotter overhead, I couldn’t help but think what a “wonderful show†this was going to be. I wasn’t wrong!

I watched, for hours, some amazing “coursing†events which were expertly carried, each pairs running into the next, like water seamlessly running from stream to river & from river to sea. Then as the time drew closer I, reluctantly, set off for the show ring where I took as many photographs as I could before unfortunately the camera ran out of charge. Again the organisers showed themselves excellently, especially as the pressure was increased by the high numbers of entries, in all of the classes. All handled the pressure & have to be commended for the great their performance.

The judge’s tasks were just as difficult, as they handled every exhibit with the same amount of time. This caused the each class to go on longer than expected, despite the exhausting heat, the exhibitors & their owners all behaved impeccably. Finally, after three or so hours later, the show ended & the winners received their rosettes & trophies.

The raffle & auction prizes were some of the best I’ve ever seen. In particular a full set of hunting DVDs, a fine stuffed cock pheasant with case & a first edition of a limited print (showing a fell terrier chewing on Tom Chlamers sporran) all caught my eye. Those generous individuals who bought vast amounts of tickets & who bid “high†have the undying gratitude of “BADDA†and the local charities

As with everything “good†it all finally came to an end & I along with the others started the task of clearing up the field. Eventually Danny Sykes rallied round & suggested that as we’d made a start, most of the rubbish had been collected by then, the rest could wait till the following morning, all of us descended on the “feeding ground†where Elaine & Fran had “pulled the rabbit out of the hat†again producing another work of “artâ€. This time it was homemade curry, by the end of the night there wasn’t much left, despite there being a “hog roast†available.

Again we all hit the bar & the endless “banter†& laughter went well into the early hours unfortunately, I thought, for the final time. Due to the eagerness of those there to empty the bar, the barman was at a loss as to when to close up because he was torn between selling more ale & his “beauty sleepâ€, eventually Aid suggested midnight & he agreed.

On waking on the drizzly Monday morning it was a less spirited Joe that awoke, however after another Elaine style breakfast I was fresher & ready for some the pending tasks ahead. After a final sweep of the field for rubbish, we all took down the various marquees, collected up the ropes & poles that made the show rings. Finally the thing that I was dreading had to happen, with a heavy heart I said “goodbye†to my new found friends & promised to keep in touch.

Our journey home was uneventful, apart from when Tom & I dropped into to see his friend Brian “Chipper†Smith, where we chatted over a cup of tea & I was given an invite to see Brian’s “Bobbery Pack†hunt. We also dropped into Kirby Thore again to return Kyle’s camera & were forced (without great difficulty in part) to consume a welcoming roast dinner.

I can say without fear of contradiction that the Earth Dog Running Dog was one of the best shows that I’ve attended. It combined two elements which made it for me the bringing together of like minded people & humorous banter which provided entertainment that could not be bought; I would like to thank all who made my weekend away from home very enjoyable. Finally would like to say I look forward to seeing you all again soon & being there again next year.

Yours in Sport,

Joe (Doohan) Kyrollos.