What a cracking show! Well done Danny and ALL involved and I got a Kiss off Sue!! (I'm never washing my face again) Which was worth travelling down on it's own! :icon_redface:

Edited to say "I Didn't see Howard!?"

Edited by MRD

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We got home today about 1 o'clock and unloaded the van after what can only be the best lurcher and terrier show we have ever been to. I missed last year because of unforseen circumstances but one thing you can be sure of we will not be missing one in the future, Danny Sue and their team pull out all the stops to make this event the best they possible could. There is no room for improvment in my eyes they between them have it spot on right, we were made very welcome from the moment we got to the gate on sat afternoon by Fran, got the stall up and sorted, then hit the bar with Foxgun Tom and his mate Joe. As usual the crack was exellent, that was the start of a long evening of dog chat and yes a little drinking, the right folk retired at a reasonable time to get thing up and running early in the morning while the rest of us enjoyed good company in to the early hours. After what seemed like a couple of hours sleep it was up and some thing to eat and before we knew it the cars and vans were coming in and in no time there were dog lads and lasses every where. Met a lot of old friends and made some new ones, one thing every one had in common was a love of true working dogs, none of the show dog mentality and back biting you find at many shows up and down the country every weekend, as has already been said this show will take folk away from the big game shows, infact we will be going to the Pride of the Peaks this year and not the Midlands Game Fair, and feel more people should support these event and back heel the money making sunday market type game fair that have long forgotten there roots and the people that put them where they are today(rant over), couldn't have asked for better weather, a lot of red heads and faces around and I am sure the bar reaped the rewards of this judging by the Q's at the toilets all day. From my point of view it was good to see only traders that had any thing to do with our way of life, and not yard after yard of crap toy stalls mobile phone tents and other shite being invited along to make up numbers and fill the pockets of the organisers, and after talking to Danny and his team that I can't praise enough thats the way it will always be. The quality of dogs being shown was second to none, dogs that do what they should be doing, and not dogs bred purly for show or race rossets, any way after a cracking day we sore the field empty van packed and said our goodbyes to traders that can only be discribed as the cream of field sport providers, none of them are ever going to be millionairs but they all have their heart in the right place and look after those that look after them, then we joined probably the hardest working team of show organisers for an evening of fun drink and song, not always the best of singing but at one point I though Elvis had come out of hiding untill I looked over and seen the bearded welly wearing partner of Danny's, no I dont mean Sue, chanting out the lyrics of the king , a great night if it could have only went on longer, but we needed to get home in the morning for work all be it a late start. Like I have already said a big thankyou to all the team, we will be seeing you all in the future, and to those who didn't make it this year you will never know what you have missed so make a point of getting there next year, I don't know how these people can make this show better, but I am more that sure they will be doing there upmost to improve on what they already have, Sorry if this seems like an esay but I could go on and on........

I've just been dropped off at home and its 8.40 pm on Monday night I've been at EDRD since Friday my buddy Joe and I as!! usual had the best time ever and Danny and Sue must share the crown for running what is ultimately the best working dog show in the UK, we had a brilliant time in the beer tent last night with a karoke and Steve the landowner at the EDRD finals giving us his best impersonation of Elvis!! :clapper: The after show bar is an integral part of the EDRD experience and is as good as what goes on in the rings!! :notworthy: Danny glad you enjoyed the Poteen but the 100% vodka you were tippling also helps :blink: your a top guy and thanks for the personal support and help :thumbs: top show!. top organisers/team and a good friend :thumbs:

Tom

Ps: roll on next year :boogie:

Well done danny,sue and all the helpers this was a top show john somed it up in his few words top dogs top lads and top crack but next time shut the beer tent earlier Gm wouldn't leave untill he'd drank the dregs (and hid your keys danny) then had the cheek to fall asleep all the way home snoring louder then powell and wake up at his garden gate(MIDNIGHT)."Are we home already kid" i think was stated.As i said top show Burnie :clapper:

Well done danny,sue and all the helpers this was a top show john somed it up in his few words top dogs top lads and top crack but next time shut the beer tent earlier Gm wouldn't leave untill he'd drank the dregs (and hid your keys danny) then had the cheek to fall asleep all the way home snoring louder then powell and wake up at his garden gate(MIDNIGHT)."Are we home already kid" i think was stated.As i said top show Burnie :clapper:
YOU COULD SEE HE WAS ON A MISSION AT 5OCLOCK :clapper::drink::drink: AND P DOING THE BEST JP

INPRESSION GOOD CRAIC LADS

Couple of mates went ,spoke to them last night they were well impressed .In fact one is still in shock after seeing so many grafters at one show..Well done

PuBS (PickersupBeatersShoots) attended for the first time to engage with Fran and resume our drinking competition!

I beat on a shoot where they have lurchers and sight hounds, and terriers in the line and its great fun.

Loved seeing so many working dogs in one place and we had a ball- made lots of useful contacts and we hope to be back next year if Danny and Sue will let us.

Glad i took a few tins and bottles as the bar shut early!!!!

We have found that Game fairs are good but we meet many like minded working dog people at Town & Country shows and EDRD was very good for us!!

many thanks to all who helped make it a good weekend.

Was good to meet Foxguntom again- and his mates!

Thank you Sue and Danny, OUTSTANDING SHOW. some cracking working dogs and some top people to chat too, Elane and Fran thankyou for feeding me and Dave :-) Tony R is a star ! Lynne H, now that guy has some tales to tell, i listened to him for hours, an out and out genuine guy.

And GASH, a real genuine guy too, raspberry vodka, cider and foxgun toms home brew made a mess of him lol.

Thanks once again to all who made my 2 days there very enjoyable.

Dogrun