Beginers Camera

• 2 weeks later...

I don't believe they make the 350D anymore, its a choice between the 1000 and 450D. ;)

I've just bought a 1000D, the bottom end in their DSLRs but I am just starting out with my photography and wanted something simple to use, that I could learn on. I knew it would be a Canon really, so I opted for that and it has taught me a lot so far. And taken some stunning pics to boot.

The 450D is reported to be an excellent camera as well :thumbs:

As someone on another thread said, its the quality of the lenses rather than the body of the camera that take a good picture, I've added a 100-300mm to mine since buying it and I want a good Macro one in the future, all Canon lenses.

SS :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...
Just wondering what the best camera would be to start off with,it will be used to take action shots of the dogs and some wildlife.Any help much apprecieated John

the canon 350d plus10/22lens won photo of the year[snow leopard] so dont be put of by its age/price..

• 3 weeks later...

i'm using the eos 450d paid £489 for it complete with 15-22mm lens and have also bought a sigma 70-300mm zoom lens which has a 62mm front glass so is a bit faster and has proved brilliant for action shots of the dogs and wildlife.

the 450 should be drooping in price soon as cannon have just released the eos 500d to take over.

Keep an eye on ebay for items being sold by canon outlet, i bought a canon 400D for £289, admittingly it came with a standard 18-55 lense which are crap, but you can pick up a decent lense for under £500.

Remember it's the lense that makes the difference in your photo's thats why i use the canon L series lenses on my 30d.

I wouldn't go for the 1000D as you havn't got the settings or shots per second for taking continuos action shots

• 1 month later...

What about a camera that takes half decent pics, but it would`nt break your heart or your bank balance if you dropped it in a cow pat :icon_redface: whilst trying to get a pic of your dog just springing into action chasing the rabbit thats just bolted...

Say summat around the £100 mark... any recomendations anyone,???

Yis Mars.

What about a camera that takes half decent pics, but it would`nt break your heart or your bank balance if you dropped it in a cow pat :icon_redface: whilst trying to get a pic of your dog just springing into action chasing the rabbit thats just bolted...

Say summat around the £100 mark... any recomendations anyone,???

Yis Mars.

No recomendations, :o come on people, iy`s my birthday soon and i can drop a few hints to mar lady about a pressie, :D:laugh:

Yis Mars..