18 replies to this topic

#1 john rust

john rust

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 04:54 pm

Just wondering what the best camera would be to start off with,it will be used to take action shots of the dogs and some wildlife.Any help much apprecieated John

#2 willow1

willow1

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 06:28 pm

I got a Canon 350D nice and easy using the preset selection and just beginning to play with the manual settings at present

#3 J Darcy

J Darcy

Gimplet

• Donator
  • 13,027 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 09:42 pm

I got a Canon 350D nice and easy using the preset selection and just beginning to play with the manual settings at present

:victory:

#4 SportingShooter

SportingShooter

The Miscellaneous Mod

• 5,895 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 10:08 pm

I don't believe they make the 350D anymore, its a choice between the 1000 and 450D. ;)

I've just bought a 1000D, the bottom end in their DSLRs but I am just starting out with my photography and wanted something simple to use, that I could learn on. I knew it would be a Canon really, so I opted for that and it has taught me a lot so far. And taken some stunning pics to boot.

The 450D is reported to be an excellent camera as well :thumbs:

As someone on another thread said, its the quality of the lenses rather than the body of the camera that take a good picture, I've added a 100-300mm to mine since buying it and I want a good Macro one in the future, all Canon lenses.

SS :thumbs:

#5 taffey

taffey

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 08:53 pm

just bought a second hand 350d myself what lense do you suggest for action shots dogs running etc

#6 byron

byron

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,254 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 09:15 pm

Just wondering what the best camera would be to start off with,it will be used to take action shots of the dogs and some wildlife.Any help much apprecieated John

the canon 350d plus10/22lens won photo of the year[snow leopard] so dont be put of by its age/price..

#7 Simoman

Simoman

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 16,539 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 12:13 am

What sort of coin am I looking at?

#8 SportingShooter

SportingShooter

The Miscellaneous Mod

• 5,895 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 10:27 pm

What sort of coin am I looking at?

My 1000D was £360 I think, whereas the 450D was getting closer to £500 ;)

#9 Wanna be farmer

Wanna be farmer

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 820 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 05:32 pm

I have a Cannon eos 300D and it's bloody great! It takes some better pictures then what my step dads Nikon d90 does.

#10 plummer1

plummer1

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 06:00 pm

i'm using the eos 450d paid £489 for it complete with 15-22mm lens and have also bought a sigma 70-300mm zoom lens which has a 62mm front glass so is a bit faster and has proved brilliant for action shots of the dogs and wildlife.

the 450 should be drooping in price soon as cannon have just released the eos 500d to take over.

#11 mally

mally

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 06:14 pm

Keep an eye on ebay for items being sold by canon outlet, i bought a canon 400D for £289, admittingly it came with a standard 18-55 lense which are crap, but you can pick up a decent lense for under £500.
Remember it's the lense that makes the difference in your photo's thats why i use the canon L series lenses on my 30d.

I wouldn't go for the 1000D as you havn't got the settings or shots per second for taking continuos action shots

#12 J Darcy

J Darcy

Gimplet

• Donator
  • 13,027 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 06:09 pm

Look on ebay, maybe buy a second hand kit first.

#13 Simoman

Simoman

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 16,539 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 10:18 pm

I personally couldn't justify spending £300 on a camera and a further £500 on a lens so when the time comes perhaps a second hand kit would be the more sensible option for me.

#14 Mars

Mars

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 992 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 06:05 pm

What about a camera that takes half decent pics, but it would`nt break your heart or your bank balance if you dropped it in a cow pat :icon_redface: whilst trying to get a pic of your dog just springing into action chasing the rabbit thats just bolted...
Say summat around the £100 mark... any recomendations anyone,???

Yis Mars.

#15 Mars

Mars

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 992 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 05:06 pm

What about a camera that takes half decent pics, but it would`nt break your heart or your bank balance if you dropped it in a cow pat http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub... whilst trying to get a pic of your dog just springing into action chasing the rabbit thats just bolted...
Say summat around the £100 mark... any recomendations anyone,???

Yis Mars.

No recomendations, :o come on people, iy`s my birthday soon and i can drop a few hints to mar lady about a pressie, :D :laugh:

Yis Mars..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users