Sign in to follow this  
skycat

A FEW FACTS ABOUT WORMERS

advocate every time i lost a dog last year wormed him on milbimax i dont blame the tablet it dosent have everything now for are changeing climate,vets told me slugs and snails are now the biggest killers to see your best dog suffer is hard ADVOCATE everytime thats my opinion

trouble is with advocate, it doesnt cater for tapeworms, everything else yes, but tapeworms no

very true and my dogs dont eat slugs or snails or is it just a french breed thing :whistling:

its a fuzzy photography thing paulus, f**k all to do with slugs, snails or puppy dogs tails lol lol

its a fuzzy photography thing paulus, f**k all to do with slugs, snails or puppy dogs tails lol lol

good job i use fuzzy wormers then :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Top read! i have a 16 week old pup and was using Beaphar syrup and did him every 2 weeks for 6 weeks so at 8/10/12 and now worms. I have just ordered drontal plus! Thanks all

given Dolpac from Vet, for mixed parasitic infestations, haven't come across this product.before now.

I tink milbemax is alot better on dogs than drontel it covers alot more types

always used panacur-no problems-got some from bootsa-will never use any other brand-top stuff and top bloke ;) whats the best stuff for ticks?charge the earth for frontline and only seems to work on my dogs for a month max :hmm:

there was a link up on here the other day for vet medic .com, worked out real cheap, cant remember what it was called now tbh. pic of a dog de bordeaux or similar on the front of the box if i remember right.

I've used drontal wormers with frontline spot on then the next course use a advocate spot on seems too work for myne

always used panacur-no problems-got some from bootsa-will never use any other brand-top stuff and top bloke ;) whats the best stuff for ticks?charge the earth for frontline and only seems to work on my dogs for a month max :hmm:

We use tac-tic (think that's the name) only had to pick 1 tic all year on hounds or terriers..

We tend to vary the brand of wormer every so often to stop any immunity building up in the dogs. I don't know if it is possible in canines but it certainly is in cattle. We keep a dozen cows and our vet told me to change the wormer at least once in the year.All brands of wormers have been "The best ever" and "I will never use anything else" at some stage, then the marketing men throw up another name and the pound signs flash. Publicity bumf and adverts will only ever tell you what the suits want you to hear, the best information always comes from other people in the same position as yourself.

Incidentally, we have used Drontal puppy suspension on our last three litters and I am very pleased with the condition of the pups.