Sign in to follow this  
skycat

A FEW FACTS ABOUT WORMERS

bootsha if anything prazivet is better than drontal + we have had dogs that were wormed with drontal but still looked wormie so were given prazivet tab and passed loads more worms ive used it for a few years now and can recomend them

Thanks Topper, like i said I have heard people speaking highly of this brand, but it's nice to hear it from our own sort, thanks for your reply.

Yip iv used the above also for at least a couple of years now with nothing but positive results....

It's good to have these other brands available for our use, even better when they work well. I think i shall be trying the prazivet plus tabs myself this time.

ATB

B

This is a great topic. Just lost a pup to worms like in the first post..but am actually posting to add theat Milbemax is not good for collies and other herding type breeds...so I would be wary bout using it on those crosses as well.

Tina

Where is the best source for wormers?

I'll try and get some Milbemax then :yes:

Butch

animalmedic is where i get my wormers mate,cheap and quick hassle free delivery

WHATS YOUR OPINION ON ADVOCATE? AS MY PUPS BOOKED IN FOR ITS INJECTIONS SOON AND ALSO WILL BE WORMED AND FLEAD WITH THIS CHEERS

very important, my staffie pup was not wormed by the breeder, and when i got him was throwing up live worms and became dehydrated, lucky to be alive but is thriving now

We have a litter of pups and have used Bob Martin worming tablets crushed up in food - any thoughts? and does anyone know where we can get Milbemax from if that's the wormer everyone recommends, I'd like to use it. Also any thoughts on food, our Collie/Greys are on SkinnersField and Trial Puppy Mix.

Has any one ever heard of people using tobacco, my missus mum has a staff pup at the moment and she bought it it was crawling with worms so she just gave it a small ball of tobacco and apparantly it worked.

Has any one ever heard of people using tobacco, my missus mum has a staff pup at the moment and she bought it it was crawling with worms so she just gave it a small ball of tobacco and apparantly it worked.

That was the old miners recipe, chewing tobacco (twist) I'm a big believer in Drontol since Epro was taken off the market :thumbs:

I would also advise to worm a lactating bitch with Drontal plus, at the same time that her pups have been wormed with Drontal oral :thumbs:

• Like 1

IMO people who can't be bothered to worm pups properly with the correct drug for the job, shouldn't be breeding pups in the first place. Its not as if a few wormers cost a fortune: and they are all available on line these days. Don't even have to visit the vet.

• Like 1