A FEW FACTS ABOUT WORMERS

bootsha if anything prazivet is better than drontal + we have had dogs that were wormed with drontal but still looked wormie so were given prazivet tab and passed loads more worms ive used it for a few years now and can recomend them

Thanks Topper, like i said I have heard people speaking highly of this brand, but it's nice to hear it from our own sort, thanks for your reply.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought I would put up some information about worming puppies. Please don't think I'm trying to be a know all or preaching: but it is obvious from some of the photos of pups for sale on here that t

I know Drontal has its limitations: Milbemax does just about every kind of worm, but you can only get it from the vet unless you have the right contacts. You can buy Drontal over the net with no prob

-

Posted Images

Yip iv used the above also for at least a couple of years now with nothing but positive results....

It's good to have these other brands available for our use, even better when they work well. I think i shall be trying the prazivet plus tabs myself this time.

ATB

B

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

We have a litter of pups and have used Bob Martin worming tablets crushed up in food - any thoughts? and does anyone know where we can get Milbemax from if that's the wormer everyone recommends, I'd like to use it. Also any thoughts on food, our Collie/Greys are on SkinnersField and Trial Puppy Mix.

• 4 weeks later...

Has any one ever heard of people using tobacco, my missus mum has a staff pup at the moment and she bought it it was crawling with worms so she just gave it a small ball of tobacco and apparantly it worked.

That was the old miners recipe, chewing tobacco (twist) I'm a big believer in Drontol since Epro was taken off the market :thumbs:

I would also advise to worm a lactating bitch with Drontal plus, at the same time that her pups have been wormed with Drontal oral :thumbs:

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

IMO people who can't be bothered to worm pups properly with the correct drug for the job, shouldn't be breeding pups in the first place. Its not as if a few wormers cost a fortune: and they are all available on line these days. Don't even have to visit the vet.

• Like 1