i am setting some mark6 fenns along a river for mink and im making tunnels for them but im stuck on a size for the enterance?, dont want anything bigger going in.

Make them with 2 foot x 6 inch board on three sides, and then put 2 stout sticks into the ground at the entrances of the tunnel. The mink will usually run the middle of the three holes so presented, and will cross the pan of the trap exactly where you want him. Bigger things don't tend to bother tunnels unless they are fish baited in my experience. There are usually plenty of natural bank overhangs and suchlike under roots etc that can be exploited too. they are not difficult to catch and are not trap shy at all.

OTC

Edited by OldTrapCollector
i am setting some mark6 fenns along a river for mink and im making tunnels for them but im stuck on a size for the enterance?, dont want anything bigger going in.

Make them with 2 foot x 6 inch board on three sides, and then put 2 stout sticks into the ground at the entrances of the tunnel. The mink will usually run the middle of the three holes so presented, and will cross the pan of the trap exactly where you want him. Bigger things don't tend to bother tunnels unless they are fish baited in my experience. There are usually plenty of natural bank overhangs and suchlike under roots etc that can be exploited too. they are not difficult to catch and are not trap shy at all.

OTC

:clapper::victory:

Yep. What I do with tunnels and cubbies, is use a piece of 'U' bent fence wire which can be pushed through the mesh or drilled holes, or pushed into the ground in front of the tunnels. That gives me varying options for rats, squirrels, mink.

Just another option mate.

Oh and don't believe OTC when he says they are not difficult, I can't bloody catch one! :censored::wallbash:

To be truthful, since putting down my BG's there has been no sign of mink, I think I scared them away! :whistling:

T