custom stock no 2

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that is mint mate your mate will be buzzing wi that

yea will be out shooting weekend after pigeons so see how he gets on with it, def think it,s better than mine so now thinking ideas up for another for meself ,lol

this is the second stock i have made now, i have built this one for me mate and shooting buddy. , it is american black walnut with american maple spacers and tipped on forend and capped below grips with iroko, was trying to get some ebony but could not get hold of any so my friend at the woodyard suggested iroko, this has a lovely grain and glad i used it. took me a little longer to do this one but has come out a beauty and me mate was well pleased . i am half way through a third one already so will be letting one go, cant keep em all lol.
got some talent there mate, you should start taking order lol

atb J.A

Yet another excellent piece of wok you have done again, makes mine look basic now.

What sort of price do you think this one would go for when completed, loved to have ago myself if i could find the time

i havent sold one yet , i can say i have had a couple of good offers for me first one and going by that i reckon around the 160-200 mark , bearing in mind how much a nice piece of walnut is ta buy it is not a lot a oney for the time it takes. what does everyone else reckon

Bloody hell thats cheap,any chance you could do one for a hw90 gas ram?
Yet another excellent piece of wok you have done again, makes mine look basic now.

What sort of price do you think this one would go for when completed, loved to have ago myself if i could find the time

i havent sold one yet , i can say i have had a couple of good offers for me first one and going by that i reckon around the 160-200 mark , bearing in mind how much a nice piece of walnut is ta buy it is not a lot a oney for the time it takes. what does everyone else reckon

Bloody hell thats cheap,any chance you could do one for a hw90 gas ram?

trouble is i aint got the guns here to make em for the inletting. if anyone wants one for any gun as long as they live close enough so i can have a good look at action or if i could keep hold of it for a week or 2 then no probs.i only have an s410 meself so no probs if anyone wants a stock for that . anyone know where i can hire guns so can start making em for other models, lol

My mate snapped his stingray stock (springer) is it worth me making a new one? if so about how long would it take?

think this depends whether you value the action of the gun itself. ta make a good stock you looking at 30 hours plus . and then purchasing the timber. only your mate can weigh it up if the gun is worth it . hear they nice guns though i have never had a go with one.

Guest air gunner

Yep its very nice its the original carbine one a bit heavy but who cares it kills a dream. Thats some seriouse time! i think he will just have to pay the £54 from webly not much but still a hand mase one is better (if they are as god as yours!)

thanks all again for good responce. these stocks take in excess of 30 hours i would say . nearly all the carving is done by hand , just the way i like ta work. i still working on one i got here for a s410 . anyone serious about wanting me ta make a stock i can do it but if it is not a s410 then i would need the action of the gun for a few weeks . already getting a lot of interest through pm,s so if you are serious please pm me and i,ll get back to you but i,m afraid i only do this in me spare time so there will be a wait but i think i can tailor to whatever you would like done. i am going to experiment with some other wood as well . got a lovely piece of american maple enough ta do 2 stocks and think this will look lovely. will put up some more pics soon , thanks all again