Greyhounds against cross Greyhounds

and i cant see why a saluki x couldn't catch one of them

I agree with you...it is unsportsmanlike because snow helped very and very strongly....and time of working is arrangement.....in such conditions saluki can catch a hare. Absolute majority of russian hunters condemned this people because snow helped very and very strongly

Edited by Hunter_from_Russia

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and i cant see why a saluki x couldn't catch one of them

I agree with you...it is unsportsmanlike because snow helped very and very strongly....and time of working is arrangement.....in such conditions saluki can catch a hare. Absolute majority of russian hunters condemned this people because snow helped very and very strongly

it should be observed that this video is not Russian. It is Ukraine.

Edited by Hunter_from_Russia
3 dogs 1 hare no big test is it!!!!

If you want to catch a hare in Russia, you will have to use a several dogs. It is very difficult problem. I am surprised that you don't understand such simple thing.

unless you use saluki blood in your dogs :whistling:

sarcasm is erroneous. I wish you were in Russia...Maybe you would understand that saluki can not catch immediately and their stamina can not help in most cases because hare is very fast and dexterous...hare will hide in trees or shrubs or other barriers that's why dog can not fly for a long time...when i have a long time, I will give a detailed account of hunting's conditions and about dogs.....and I will ask you a questions.....

i understand,

in russia you only have a small amount of ground to catch a hare before it escapes in to cover, so you need speed, not stanima to catch your hare. a saluki grey could easily catch a hare if there was more ground and it was not so easy for hare to escape BUT because it is so easy for a hare to escape you need a dog to catch on speed as a dog does not get time to tire and run a hare out before the strike, in your country a good dog is determind by the speed it catches one hare where as in the U.K a good dog is determind on the amount of hares a dog can catch for example best out of 3.

If you want to catch a hare in Russia, you will have to use a several dogs. It is very difficult problem. I am surprised that you don't understand such simple thing.

sarcasm is erroneous. I wish you were in Russia...Maybe you would understand that saluki can not catch immediately and their stamina can not help in most cases because hare is very fast and dexterous...hare will hide in trees or shrubs or other barriers that's why dog can not fly for a long time...when i have a long time, I will give a detailed account of hunting's conditions and about dogs.....and I will ask you a questions.....

i understand,

in russia you only have a small amount of ground to catch a hare before it escapes in to cover, so you need speed, not stanima to catch your hare. a saluki grey could easily catch a hare if there was more ground and it was not so easy for hare to escape BUT because it is so easy for a hare to escape you need a dog to catch on speed as a dog does not get time to tire and run a hare out before the strike, in your country a good dog is determind by the speed it catches one hare where as in the U.K a good dog is determind on the amount of hares a dog can catch for example best out of 3.

I cant believe how easy some folks can type what they mean when I sit here and spew out all kinds of garbage all over the screen. Good dogs are where ya find em, no matter the breed. Nice post by the way.

i understand,

+1 thanks for answer.

hi to all

first of all

... in the U.K a good dog is determind on the amount of hares a dog can catch for example best out of 3.

there are no "russian" dogs - we import greyhounds, majority Irish and Australian racer lines, so ours and yours dogs are similar

we have different hunt conditions and differen hares

only one in ten greyhound can catch our hare alone! ( and three in ten can't reach hare at 50-100 m starting distance!!!)

where are available saluki, borzoi, tazi, bakhmull, taygan, whippet, hortay but... greyhound!

yes, lack stamina... yes, injuries :(:censored: :censored: but... greyhound!

only greyhound has enough speed to reach hare

hi to all

first of all

... in the U.K a good dog is determind on the amount of hares a dog can catch for example best out of 3.

there are no "russian" dogs - we import greyhounds, majority Irish and Australian racer lines, so ours and yours dogs are similar

we have different hunt conditions and differen hares

only one in ten greyhound can catch our hare alone! ( and three in ten can't reach hare at 50-100 m starting distance!!!)

where are available saluki, borzoi, tazi, bakhmull, taygan, whippet, hortay but... greyhound!

yes, lack stamina... yes, injuries :(:censored: :censored: but... greyhound!

only greyhound has enough speed to reach hare

I like your style partner. I dont care about breeds but over here only the good dogs can catch our coyote and our hare and surpisingly enough, they are pretty much greyhounds. They may have long hair or they may be a little lean lookin compared to most track greys or they may be big rough lookin dogs like our coyote dogs but they are pretty much just a greyhound. We dont really have breeds in the field here though. We have dogs that have been bred to catch hares and dogs bred to catch coyotes. We outgrew the crossing shit a long long time ago cause it dont work good enough over here. We breed good hare dog to good hare dog and good coyote do to good coyote dog. Nothin else really matters to those of us that hunt.

All that being said, I bet our hare dogs have a shade of collie in them or a shade of saluki in them somewhere or somtimes but nobody would ever remember when or even knew it happened probably. Our coyote dogs have deerhound and greyhound in them most likely for the most part but I bet there is a dash of bulldog here and there or a dash of whatever worked over there. maybe even some bird dog blood for winding yotes out of ditches and such.

I like your style partner. I dont care about breeds but over here only the good dogs can catch our coyote and our hare and surpisingly enough, they are pretty much greyhounds. They may have long hair or they may be a little lean lookin compared to most track greys or they may be big rough lookin dogs like our coyote dogs but they are pretty much just a greyhound. We dont really have breeds in the field here though. We have dogs that have been bred to catch hares and dogs bred to catch coyotes. We outgrew the crossing shit a long long time ago cause it dont work good enough over here. We breed good hare dog to good hare dog and good coyote do to good coyote dog. Nothin else really matters to those of us that hunt.

All that being said, I bet our hare dogs have a shade of collie in them or a shade of saluki in them somewhere or somtimes but nobody would ever remember when or even knew it happened probably. Our coyote dogs have deerhound and greyhound in them most likely for the most part but I bet there is a dash of bulldog here and there or a dash of whatever worked over there. maybe even some bird dog blood for winding yotes out of ditches and such.

i see, partner ;-)

every prey needs your own dog

i prefer bitches, not tall, little lean. They have some advantages for me.

the hunter V the courser.........

he wants it in the bag as fast as possible....due to the terrain....no law given i take it..

courser wants big open lands and the dogs to suit.....3/4 minute course's....

its like some of us that use whippetXgrey.....on the small fields....speed is everything on there

Edited by swamper
  • 2 weeks later...