Greyhounds against cross Greyhounds

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get some pictures of your dogs up HUNTER_FROM_RUSSIA

I think These Russian greyhounds are a different dog from what we have here. Im sure they look the same!!!

He has said English dogs are faster and that must be at the expense of stamina and strengh.

I think the Russian dogs Must be closer to the greyhound of old the kind that pulled red stags and ran hares down not these dogs we have that do half a lap and put their body warmers back on...

Thats why we cross dogs because pure greyhounds are no longer suitable for what we need

But they are a good place to start.

Just my thoughts on it :)

As a matter of fact at the moment people import dogs from UK. That's why I don't think that there are different appearance. At the moment almost all greyhounds have foreign blood. I suppose there is different in conditions of life. Many hunters remove dogs, which can not catch a hare.

the guy clearly dosent have a clue pure this pure that all a can say is tht saluki x greyhound could kill evry hare in your country if a pure GREYHOUND CAN

there are many lurchers there

we test they with greyhounds - lurchers lose as rule

there is no question to KILL - lurchers cant reach grey hare

your greyhounds must be very different to ours over here,because if you run hares over here with a pure greyhound they wont last long at all,they dont have enough stamina,and are usually much to fast and just over run the hares,our hares can run up to 10 mins at a time,a pure greyhound can give you 35-50 seconds maximum at a time,and thats only one run a day(unless coursing bred).over here we ad saluki to the greyhound to course hares because there stamina is endless,we allso add bull to them because you want to run dogs single handed,not two dogs at a time like you run on foxes,and a good greyhound x bull will take endless number of foxes in a day or night,your greyhounds would throw the towell in if they had 2 or 3 single handed in one day

your greyhounds must be very different to ours over here,because if you run hares over here with a pure greyhound they wont last long at all,they dont have enough stamina,and are usually much to fast and just over run the hares,our hares can run up to 10 mins at a time,a pure greyhound can give you 35-50 seconds maximum at a time,and thats only one run a day(unless coursing bred).over here we ad saluki to the greyhound to course hares because there stamina is endless,we allso add bull to them because you want to run dogs single handed,not two dogs at a time like you run on foxes,and a good greyhound x bull will take endless number of foxes in a day or night,your greyhounds would throw the towell in if they had 2 or 3 single handed in one day

thanks for the answer. my dog kills a fox alone (face to face). He is very very fierce. I will tell story. One day I went to hunt with one greyhound. We was passing 5 kilometres, a hare got up. He couldn't catch this hare. We went farther. When we had passed still more( 9 kilometres), a hare got up. And grey catch this hare. Speed depends on blood, stamina is quality, which can train. Speed is not train. If dog was born slow, i can not add speed, but stamina can be improvement in every dog. In Russia a hare is very fast. If hound can not catch for short period, hare pass out of sight. I understand that in UK dog can catch in long time. In Russia it is not real. Greyhound must be very fast and has stamina. If I add blood of other dogs, I will not catch a hare.

Edited by Hunter_from_Russia

i see.. your are right, pure greyhound best in first minute

there high priority has speed- if dog no so fast, stamina is no matter...there are dogs there with great stamina (borzoi, hortaya, lurcher) - they can run 2-3 km with their max speed but they catch fewer hares