Greyhounds against cross Greyhounds

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tazi can catch a hare. I agree. But mix is perversion.

:laugh: You can learn all about that on here :D

I only tell one's own the point of view. Idea of cross between breeds is not new. If it is done by scientific person, it is normal. But if it is done by ordinary hunter, good results will not be achieved. In first generation dogs can be good hunters, but next generation will be bad. It will be no breed, it is mongrel. Dogs will not have outstanding speed and elegance.

Greyhound has all necessary qualities.

Edited by Hunter_from_Russia
Guest fence_hopper

I only tell one's own the point of view. Idea of cross between breeds is not new. If it is done by scientific person, it is normal. But if it is done by ordinary hunter, good results will not be achieved. In first generation dogs can be good hunters, but next generation will be bad. It will be no breed, it is mongrel. Dogs will not have outstanding speed and elegance.

b*ll shit

b*ll shit

the Pitbull X greyhound never catch free hare. Greyhound kills a fox more quickly than the Pitbull X greyhound, because on hunting fox may be behind 300-500 metres. Dogs must have time to catch or fox hides in burrow or in other area.

the Pitbull X greyhound is more effective for killing other dogs, killing fox in closed space. But it is not hound. IMHO

I wonder really that you create such dogs. You have excellent greyhounds....I dreamed of import from UK. Blood of your grey is very fast.

I didn't want to wound nobody of your feelings. I just wanted to get information about cross dogs in UK.

I am hunter. I hunt every season. I like British dogs. thanks for your answers. Good luck!

b*ll shit

the Pitbull X greyhound never catch free hare. Greyhound kills a fox more quickly than the Pitbull X greyhound, because on hunting fox may be behind 300-500 metres. Dogs must have time to catch or fox hides in burrow or in other area.

the Pitbull X greyhound is more effective for killing other dogs, killing fox in closed space. But it is not hound. IMHO

I wonder really that you create such dogs. You have excellent greyhounds....I dreamed of import from UK. Blood of your grey is very fast.

I didn't want to wound nobody of your feelings. I just wanted to get information about cross dogs in UK.

I am hunter. I hunt every season. I like British dogs. thanks for your answers. Good luck!

I agree greyhounds are excellent dogs. I ran a pure breed for years and she took all quarry with ease.

Here she is playing with another of my dogs pups at 11 years of age

sade15.jpg

BUT have a good look at her feet she was crippled with foot injuries, she spent more time recovering from injury than working.

The fact is greyhounds cannot take consistant hard work they are far to injury prone. For the occasional course etc they are fine, but for hard work week after week they soon get injured.

In the UK our best hare coursing dogs are mainly Saluki greyhound mixes, the saluki adds stamina and better feet.

Perhaps your Russian dogs are more robust than UK bred dogs?

All the best.

b*ll shit

I agree greyhounds are excellent dogs. I ran a pure breed for years and she took all quarry with ease.

Here she is playing with another of my dogs pups at 11 years of age

sade15.jpg

BUT have a good look at her feet she was crippled with foot injuries, she spent more time recovering from injury than working.

The fact is greyhounds cannot take consistant hard work they are far to injury prone. For the occasional course etc they are fine, but for hard work week after week they soon get injured.

In the UK our best hare coursing dogs are mainly Saluki greyhound mixes, the saluki adds stamina and better feet.

Perhaps your Russian dogs are more robust than UK bred dogs?

All the best.

thanks. There is such problem. Some dogs have such problems. But I suppose, this dogs have line of racer. But it is my version. Because there are very strong greyhounds and greyhounds with poor health. In Russia, there are hunting lines of greyhounds. Such dogs are more strong, but some dogs have such problems too. In Russia there is grey hare. It is very fast hare. This hare lives in open fields. To survive this hare must have phenomenal speed. Cross breeding make your dogs more strongly, but this dog will lose speed.

In Russia There is breed, which is like on greyhounds. This breed is more winter-resistant, more strong and unfortunately this breed is slightly slow, but it catches hares and foxes better than greyhound. But hunters have been starting to add blood of greyhounds. Breed is almost loss.

Hortaya

66eea91ce1af.jpg

Edited by Hunter_from_Russia
this is the dog your talking about

verysimilar to the chart polski

in fact many modern dogs "chart polski" have in pedigree russian hortaya

russian hortaya isnt FCI breed

although our hunters have quite good grey (blood TOP 10 racers) but rare grey able to get hare alone

there are 2 or 3 dog can do well coordinated work - they have 30-50% chanse to get hare.

Tazi - no chanse. Saluki - no chanse. Whippet - good chanse (approx. 20%) on first 300-500 m.

Real hare need real dog. No fox,no rat. Grey hare worthy opponent

Guest oldskool

i have hunted with a few greyhounds in my time and they all had one thing in common and that was that they were like bolts of lightning blasting up the field until the quarry turned a few times and then they ran out of steam... if you mix the greyhound then you lose top speed but you gain a dog that can run all day or night and be less prone to injury... they should also still be fast enough to catch most things regulary depending on whether or not you have 50% greyhound or 75% greyhound in the mix... pitbull x greyhounds rarely ever fight with other dogs... they are certainly not known for it anyway!!

Surprising that you say Tazi and Saluki have no chance on your hare.

In the Youtube video HUNTER FROM RUSSIA posted your fields look very big, I would have thought this would have suited these dogs.

I suppose , Tazi can catch only white hare. But I am not sure. People try,but....White hare lives in nothern part of Russia.

Get some pictures of your dogs up HUNTER_FROM_RUSSIA

I think These Russian greyhounds are a different dog from what we have here. Im sure they look the same!!!

He has said English dogs are faster and that must be at the expense of stamina and strengh.

I think the Russian dogs Must be closer to the greyhound of old the kind that pulled red stags and ran hares down not these dogs we have that do half a lap and put their body warmers back on...

Thats why we cross dogs because pure greyhounds are no longer suitable for what we need

But they are a good place to start.

Just my thoughts on it :)