Greyhounds against cross Greyhounds

Hello, my colleagues from UK. I have several questions. This questions croped up(appear),, when I was corresponding with hunter from UK. Below, I will repeat my word. This words I wrote to the hunter from UK.

When I had learnt about ban of hunting with dogs in UK, I was shocked. I have several greyhounds and one whippet. I can tell this breeds of dog are innate hunters. I like this breeds. In Russia there are many excellent greyhounds which catch a hares and a foxes, but many dogs can not catch hares, they catch up with a hare, but they can not catch. Other greyhounds are afraid of fox. Especially, hunters rate highly dog, which catches a hare alone (face to face. One dog catches a hare). Such dogs are very not enough, they are rare. In Russia, every hunting season people conduct competitions. These competitions are conducted in different regions of Russia and Ukraine. These competitions are conducted much. There the best dogs are defined. Excellent racer and excellent coursing dogs can be terrible(awful) hunters. But more slow dog can be excellent hunters. But speed is very important. In southern part of Russia(Rostov-on-Don, Krasnodar, Stavropol) a hare has phenomenal speed. In northern part of Russia (St. Petersburg ,Moscow, Voronezh) hare is more slow.

I use pure Greyhounds. Сross Greyhounds never catch a hare. I don`t understand ,why do you use cross Greyhounds? Good greyhound destroys a fox. It is easy for greyhound. Сross Greyhounds always lose to pure Greyhounds on hunting.

Hunter from England said here the Pitbull X greyhound was popular for Fox and hare. But in Russia cross Greyhounds never catch a hare. why do you use cross Greyhounds?

First work of my greyhounds - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIXmXlZQkg0 For the first time in one's life dogs saw a fox. In this season dogs catched a hare, but I could not shoot video, because It is hard.

Sorry, level of my English is poor.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

go and get a tazi from kazakstan they are probebley the best

and will have no problem catching hares

I don't have problems with greyhounds. Tazi is excellent breed. This breed can hunting. Greyhounds is excellent breeds too. Don't misunderstand me,I can not understand, why do people use mix? Is mix popular in UK?

Edited by Hunter_from_Russia
Most likely pure tazi don`t catch a hare in Russia.

It was exaggeration. But greyhound is more popular and their results on hunting are better. I like tazi too. It is excellent breed. But if people want only result, they should buy greyhound. But in many respects it depends on owner.

Guest fence_hopper

greyhounds are shit hot mate its just alot of people here are small minded they like to look hard with a big pitxgrey not all but most. i've seen a pure grey bitch go one of the best catch and kill dogs i've seen. i got a pure grey myself going to do abit of racing through the summer then start working her in the winter. she has a big heart and hopefully will make the grade. after all where would we be with out the greyhound

Edited by fence_hopper
Most likely pure tazi don`t catch a hare in Russia.

It was exaggeration. But greyhound is more popular and their results on hunting are better. I like tazi too. It is excellent breed. But if people want only result, they should buy greyhound. But in many respects it depends on owner.

It depends on taste of person. And so argument is pointless. I can not understand advantages of mix. In Russia cross dogs(mix) is NOT permited for hunting competition.

A good bull/grey could catch five foxs one night and catch a few hares the next day quite easy,shorely a pure grey would strugle more on the staminar side,and have you ever seen a tazi x grey work. I think bringing another type of coursing dogs blood to yours can only add more, correct me if you think im wrong. THANKS