Rabbit man 1and 2

Got my coppies of Chippers 2 dvds the other day but only got time to watch them yesterday. The first one features Chippers Bob, doing daytime work to ferrets, it was filmed by just the lads themselves and as a result has a really authentic feel to it, which i personnly like, Bob is a great stamp of a dog and is the proof that not all great rabbiting dogs have to be around the 20-23 inch mark, as Bob standing at 26 inch snaps up rabbits with as much class as i have seen in any dog, and ofcourse he has the usuall great retrieve that Chipper seems to get all his dogs to do(show off lol)i would recomend this dvd to anyone, its a great watch with a great dog doing what it did best, i just wish i had had the chance to see this fine dog in real life, but this film is a very good substitute.

The second dvd is filmed more profesionally(i hope thats the right term) and features Nell, a grandaughter to Bob featured in the first dvd ,now this little dog is a stunner, 23 inch of pure hunting power, i must say i have had the pleasure of seeing this dog work in the flesh and in my opinion it was as good as it gets , in the dvd you get a taste of how this dog works to ferrets and also you get to see it hunting up in reeds and bracken, some cracking action in this dvd, which is no mean thing as ferreting must be one of the hardest forms of hunting to film as you have no controll over when the action will happen. You can see the amount of work that has been put into producing these dvds, and i dont mind admiting im biased towards these dogs, but i loved both of the dvds, and recomend them to anyone, all the best Nellie.

Yeah,.its a nice parcel of land oop there mate...

You are probably right,..I'm not much at measuring height,.but,.I would of placed Nell at way over 23" :blink: I made her about 24"/25"..just right for that big country...

All the best, ChalkWarren... ;)

You are probably right,..I'm not much at measuring height,.but,.I would of placed Nell at way over 23" :blink: I made her about 24"/25"..just right for that big country...

she just looks that big standing next to Chipper :D:D:D

WELL LADS ,

CHIPPER POPS IN REGULAR TO HAVE THE CRAIC AT WORK WITH ME AND THE STALLION , USUALLY WITH A COUPLE OF DOGS IN TOW , SOMETHING WHICH WE LOOK FORWARD TOO [ DEFINATLEY BREAKS UP THE MONOTONY OF THE WORKING DAY , THOUGH SOMETIMES WHEN WE GET A FEW LADS IN AT BAIT TIME IT LOOKS LIKE A LURCHER AND TERRIER SHOW :D ] NELL HIS MAIN BITCH HAS BEEN A REGULAR VISITOR SINCE BEING A PUP AND IVE ALWAYS HAD A SOFT SPOT FOR HER :) AND DEFINATLY AT THE 23 " MARK IF I WAS TO MAKE AN EDUCATED GUESS :D

AND WHEN CHIPPER ASKED ME TO LOOK OVER THE SECOND DVD BEFORE HE PUT IT OUT , I WAS ONLY TOO PLEASED TO , AND SINCE I KNOW ALL THE LADS ON THE DVD IT MADE VERY INTERESTING VIEWING AND IS WELL WORTH THE MONEY , IMO .

THE FIRST DVD ...FEATURING BOB WAS AN EYE OPENER FROM MY POINT OF VIEW AS I HAD SEEN THE DOG IN THE FLESH BUT NOT HUNTING .............AND BELIVE ME , A HELL OF A LOT OF LOCAL TOP CLASS RUNNING DOG MEN HAD BEEN RAVING ABOUT THIS DOG .......THE DVD ALTHOUGH MADE FOR CHIPPERS OWN USE WAS A TESTIMONIAL TO BOBS ABILITYS

A DOG WHICH TO DATE CHIPPER RATES AS HIS "BEST "

ALL THE BEST DUCKWING :good:

she just looks that big standing next to Chipper :D:D:D

:laugh::laugh: @ Nightmenellie ;)

Your probaly right,...23" she is then... :D

• 3 weeks later...