help ive found my dogs but cant get them back!

If I was you I'd try the softly softly aproach. Go up there, if you have kids stick em in the car with you, find the oldest looking bloke and just explain that they're your kids dogs, they aren't working dogs just family pets and you will have a lot more chance of getting them back than going in all guns blazing. I heard a story of this happening on here before, the older traveller said he was sick of the younger ones stealing dogs and giving them all a bad reputation and the bloke got his dog back. The traveller said they'd sort the lads out who'd nicked the dog as long as the police weren't involved (and I can imagine their way being a lot worse than anything the police will deal out to them). I know its going to be scary but its better than starting something stupid.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest darlolad
were you from if you are close ill cum on the site i know a lot ov travellers i box with them ill try and help you if a can nd if a cant get them bak just chor them lol

hi i live near sleaford lincolnshire

oohhh i live in darlington bit far whats the site called and ill c if a know any travellers from there

Please pm me where the dogs are & give me as much info as you can. Dont go on site just yet- if you can see the dogs without been obvious do that.

As for some of the ideas- forget it. We may have more luck than you as we work with the police in different areas. Give me the Doglost id numbers if you have them.

Not all travellers are bad & some also help us.

hannah you said all travlers beat there horses into submision...... :clapper:

twat :clapper:

id go there calmly and say that you want them back they will respect you more for it...... dont bother with the police

if they doint let your have them ask if you can buy them..... nearly everything is for sale at the sites iv been too iv been offerend loads of dogs usually for £20 - £50

good luck ;)

I'll think you'll find i actually said "the 1's i've come into contact with" have beaten their horses into submission. ;)

Cock. :tongue2:

get a big old squad to gether and get down. there site is a dangerouse place to be. normaly 1 road in 1 road out. the same happend to me my dog got took years ago while out lamping a transit pulled up and put the dogs in. any way cut a long storey short i went upto a camp in northumberland by myself and it was f****n intimidating but i wasnt leaveing till i got my dog, they were comein from allover had my blocked in and f.ucked. anyway the main man (theres always 1 who runs the camp) came over and was spot on..because i went by my self and stood my ground he gave the lads a clip and ordered them to get my dog he was fumeing. not all travelers are bad but if i went with a van full he said that would ov been a different storey.

hope ya get them back

I did the same thing as you many years ago. I think the best thing is to go in on your own and see the main man, he should sort it out, they don't want bad publicity, but make sure someone knows where you're going in case it turns bad.

Don't go in with a gang unless you're prepared to go to war.

Edited by symbeau
hannah you said all travlers beat there horses into submision...... :clapper:

twat :clapper:

id go there calmly and say that you want them back they will respect you more for it...... dont bother with the police

if they doint let your have them ask if you can buy them..... nearly everything is for sale at the sites iv been too iv been offerend loads of dogs usually for £20 - £50

good luck ;)

I'll think you'll find i actually said "the 1's i've come into contact with" have beaten their horses into submission. ;)

Cock. :tongue2:

what a load of jear travellers beat there horses into submisson ffffffffs :angry: travellers are better horse men than any other

Edited by DIGZY
have you ever heard of travlers? thats why it was broken so early ;)

all our horses are and non of them have a dipped back

how do you work out that a welsh cob is a section A and it has dappled grey on its passport??

chears

In my expierence most are beaten into submission as well, often resulting in an un sound, head shy, and generally poor animal. 18 months is way to early in my opinion, if it works for travelers thats fine, but most folk wanting a horse, this would not be the best option.

I hasten to add this is MY OPINION, made through dealings i've had with ex traveller horses, and a couple of rescue cases. I'm not stating that every traveller beats their horses, just the 1's i've come into contact with have been.

That was my original post . . . . . . . Point out to me exactly where I said YOUR horse is "beaten up"????

I can only base my opinion on my expierences, and sadly they have mostly been negative ones. . . . . . . . . If it changes for the positive, i'll adjust my opinion accordingly. I did also add in the original thread that i'd met some good horse men from the traveling communities too, did you not read that bit no?