duck hunting with airgun

no diferance when it comes to shooting them

You are an ignorant wee git, you know that?,

Do you acually know what you are typing most of the time?

Because you can get away with shooting pheasant's out of season it does not mean you can get away

with shooting duck's.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyway if ou go on the main site of THL then there are a few articles on duck hunting with airguns in he shooting section, so to all those who said its ilegal your wrong!

Hello ma man i was hoping i had here the last of this.To take any wildfowel with an air gun in the Uk .YOU Must appley for a license to say they are a pest on you land.It,s the sane as a Badger or fox only you will have to shoot then with abullet or shootgun.The only Quarry you can take legaly with air rilfel on an groud without it been delared a pest is a brown rat.grey squirrel,rabbit, crow or rook,magpie,jay,wodpidgeon,collared dove feral pidgeon,house mouse,mink.Anything easl you or the land owner has to have a permit to kill it with an air rilfle.atb catcher. :tongue2:

Hello. You are totally wrong. It is perfectly legal to shoot all species of winged quarry with airguins. As long as you are on permission and it is in season.

However the use of lead pellets may be illegal for certain species , ergo, a lead substitute may have to be used for certain species. Thanks....JD

anyway if ou go on the main site of THL then there are a few articles on duck hunting with airguns in he shooting section, so to all those who said its ilegal your wrong!

are you happy now with what catcher said or was it not what you w=anted to here

are you happy now with what catcher said or was it not what you w=anted to here

I thought all animals that he listed above were othe only ones on the open liscence and so you would have to apply for a liscence for anything else??

Hughesey

Aye, but animals classed as game are different to animals classed as vermin. You used to have to buy a game license up until a few years back, but I believe they done away with it.

However the use of lead pellets may be illegal for certain species , ergo, a lead substitute may have to be used for certain species. Thanks....JD

Isn't the use of lead more to do with the environment that you are shooting in, rather than the species of quarry JD? :hmm: Again, I'm not 100% sure on that one either! :D

you can shoot ducks aslong as you have landowners permission and there in season

Are you sure mate? Do they not have to consider a pest first

yerr am shure same as when you shoot pheasants

Pheasants are rared for shooting ducks are still cosidered wild .There is a differance

Maybe but we are talking is it legal.Dont want to give the wrong advice and get him into any hassle with the law.atb catcher :thumbs:

IT IS BLOODY LEGAL STOP ARGUEING

Did you do a google young man.iT,S NOT LEGAL .That is my last word.atb catcher. :big_boss:

your last words rong you :wankerzo4: Try listening to other people

I thought all animals that he listed above were othe only ones on the open liscence and so you would have to apply for a liscence for anything else??

Hughesey

Aye, but animals classed as game are different to animals classed as vermin. You used to have to buy a game license up until a few years back, but I believe they done away with it.

Isn't the use of lead more to do with the environment that you are shooting in, rather than the species of quarry JD? :hmm: Again, I'm not 100% sure on that one either! :D

the law says no lead shot with a shotgun no mention of rifle bullets

You are an ignorant wee git, you know that?,

Do you acually know what you are typing most of the time?

Because you can get away with shooting pheasant's out of season it does not mean you can get away

with shooting duck's.

what the Fu*k Are you on about shooting out of season

Hello ma man i was hoping i had here the last of this.To take any wildfowel with an air gun in the Uk .YOU Must appley for a license to say they are a pest on you land.It,s the sane as a Badger or fox only you will have to shoot then with abullet or shootgun.The only Quarry you can take legaly with air rilfel on an groud without it been delared a pest is a brown rat.grey squirrel,rabbit, crow or rook,magpie,jay,wodpidgeon,collared dove feral pidgeon,house mouse,mink.Anything easl you or the land owner has to have a permit to kill it with an air rilfle.atb catcher. :tongue2:

I think you are getting confused with the recommended airgun quarry list. Whilst it gives you a list of quarry, it doesn't say that it's illegal to kill other game with an air rifle. It might be seen as unsporting in some quarters, but it's deffo not illegal, ie. no law against it.

You can read all the recommended lists you wish to, be it from defra, BASC, whatever, but a recommended quarry list is not a law.

There's tons of pages on this stuff in this section, it's been done to death. Check the back pages of this section.

Thankyou

legal or not, an air gun is not the correct tool for the job.....imo

a poorly placed shot can end in injury and if the duck takes flight.......what then.?????

come on fellas a bit of respect for the quarry / game, and each other for that.........petty arguments that get nobody nowhere, meet up somewhere and have a pissing competition if its that important.

all the best

sean

legal or not, an air gun is not the correct tool for the job.....imo

a poorly placed shot can end in injury and if the duck takes flight.......what then.?????

come on fellas a bit of respect for the quarry / game, and each other for that.........petty arguments that get nobody nowhere, meet up somewhere and have a pissing competition if its that important.

all the best

sean

thats the same as saying what if a rabbit ran off . . . it all about shot placement imo and i woudnt shoot them on the water with an airgun either.there is a time and a place for an airgun against ducks.

atb FBC