well bred bull cross pups GIMP LINES

seeems you lined that bitch to line your pockets 200 a pup

I lined the bitch because i wanted to line breed for the traits that we like in our bull crosses, the sires sire is the dams grandfather. we also have the sires sister, the plan is to line a dog pup back to her in the future. This is a long term programme that we have decided to do because the working abilities of our bull crosses is what we want and we dont see the point of buying pups from others that are bred god knows how, if we replace our dogs with pups that we have bred we have more of a guarentee of their abilities. The bitch had 12 pups, we didnt ask her to, it would have suited us fine if she had 2. These pups will speak for themselves in the future, they will no doubt be a good investment for any serious lurcherman and i am looking forward to see how others get on with this line of bull cross.

a good point lnl and well said , at the end of the day you can't help it if the bitch has 12 pups ......... where you say you would be happy with 2 pups is where me and you will disagree because personally i would have culled 10 if i only wanted 2 ........... good luck with finding working homes for you pups :victory:

you havent always thought like that though, what is it that changed your mind?

I have no problem with people culling, i dont neccessarily disagree, just couldnt bring myself to kill healthy pups that are only there because i bred them. i take full responsibility for their future and, as far as is physically possible, i ensure they go to good homes and that if ever they need a home, there is always one here for them. I get alot of satisfaction working dogs i have bred but also seeing how the rest of the litter get on.

you are correct in saying that i have not allways thought as i do now , and by my own addmission i have in the past bred a litter for £££ , but then on reflection of my actions and what i have learnt from others over the years both in person and via internet forums such as this one i have come to thinking about where a pup ends up before i intend to breed , and to be honest the thought of homing a large litter gives me the horrors .... but then each to his/her own ...... an interesting point for you LnL is that when i bred a litter of Gimp X Terminator lines i addvertised them in the country mans weekly and a lot of people where interested in the terminator lines and also a lot where interested in the Gimp line , needlesss to say i recieved somewhere in the region of 50 phone calls after the litter had sold . i did have a list of phone numbers of people wanting a pup out of the gimp lines but i can't find it . but i'm sure if you addvertise your pups in the cmw you will sell all in a few days ..... sorry if my original post seemed a bit p**sy just trying to make a point of how much my line of thought has changed where breeding is concerned good luck with the pups

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seeems you lined that bitch to line your pockets 200 a pup

I lined the bitch because i wanted to line breed for the traits that we like in our bull crosses, the sires sire is the dams grandfather. we also have the sires sister, the plan is to line a dog pup back to her in the future. This is a long term programme that we have decided to do because the working abilities of our bull crosses is what we want and we dont see the point of buying pups from others that are bred god knows how, if we replace our dogs with pups that we have bred we have more of a guarentee of their abilities. The bitch had 12 pups, we didnt ask her to, it would have suited us fine if she had 2. These pups will speak for themselves in the future, they will no doubt be a good investment for any serious lurcherman and i am looking forward to see how others get on with this line of bull cross.

a good point lnl and well said , at the end of the day you can't help it if the bitch has 12 pups ......... where you say you would be happy with 2 pups is where me and you will disagree because personally i would have culled 10 if i only wanted 2 ........... good luck with finding working homes for you pups :victory:

you havent always thought like that though, what is it that changed your mind?

I have no problem with people culling, i dont neccessarily disagree, just couldnt bring myself to kill healthy pups that are only there because i bred them. i take full responsibility for their future and, as far as is physically possible, i ensure they go to good homes and that if ever they need a home, there is always one here for them. I get alot of satisfaction working dogs i have bred but also seeing how the rest of the litter get on.

you are correct in saying that i have not allways thought as i do now , and by my own addmission i have in the past bred a litter for £££ , but then on reflection of my actions and what i have learnt from others over the years both in person and via internet forums such as this one i have come to thinking about where a pup ends up before i intend to breed , and to be honest the thought of homing a large litter gives me the horrors .... but then each to his/her own ...... an interesting point for you LnL is that when i bred a litter of Gimp X Terminator lines i addvertised them in the country mans weekly and a lot of people where interested in the terminator lines and also a lot where interested in the Gimp line , needlesss to say i recieved somewhere in the region of 50 phone calls after the litter had sold . i did have a list of phone numbers of people wanting a pup out of the gimp lines but i can't find it . but i'm sure if you addvertise your pups in the cmw you will sell all in a few days ..... sorry if my original post seemed a bit p**sy just trying to make a point of how much my line of thought has changed where breeding is concerned good luck with the pups

Cheers for that, I am going to advertise them next week. With the breeding they have shouldnt hang around long. had some lads down to see the sire, they said he was one of the best they had seen work and they go out alot with reeces billy stuff so these pups definately have the potential to do the biz.

I can vouch for the quality of these pups because i have one of them and believe me 200 pound is a bargain. when i purchased the pup it was on the agreement that if i ever wanted to part company with the dog it was to go back to them - now i've bought some dogs over the years and no-one else has ever asked me to do that. they are looking good alan and worth every penny. got some photos of my bitch just need to get them on here when i get a chance.all the best

jason

called her "luna" as in the earths moon. fitting for a lamping bitch me thinks.

good names you picked there mate.

cheers

jason

Nice one mate, make sure you keep in touch and get some photos up in the forum every now and again so we can see how she is coming along :thumbs:

i do believe that these pups would make true grafting lurchers has i know the lines very well. i used to own the gimp and he was a pleasure to see work a true do or die dog. probably not everyones cup of tea but each to thy own. atb with the sale of the pups hope they go to good working homes.

i do believe that these pups would make true grafting lurchers has i know the lines very well. i used to own the gimp and he was a pleasure to see work a true do or die dog. probably not everyones cup of tea but each to thy own. atb with the sale of the pups hope they go to good working homes.

Thanks dai, keep in touch.

Just wondered, have you had anyone elseshowing interest from Ireland? Where would your nearest Greyhound Stadium be, thinking on making enquiries on transport. They look very healthy strong pups and the dam and sire are fine looking dogs. What age are the Dam and Sire how many seasons have you been working them? What dog meal have they been on and what wormers jabs have they had.

i have one bitch pup going to ireland either next weekend or the weekend after. the lad is travelling over and we are either meeting him at fishguard or he is bringing his car and driving up to us.

sire is nearly 5, the dam is nearly 3. Sire has been worked from 12/15 months old, freinds of ours owned him before us. the sire was sold onto us becasue the lad who bought him didnt really know what he was doing with him, we got him at about 2 yrs old and have worked him ourselves since then. The dam was worked from about 10/11 months old and we bought the dam at 18 months old because my partner saw her work on a couple of occasions and liked what he saw.

The pups have been fed on beta puppy and wormed with panacur 10% every 2 weeks. they havent had any jabs yet.

Im not sure where our nearest greyhound track is but i could find out, or i could speak to declan who is travelling from ireland to pick his bitch up and maybe pass on your details or something.

should have no bother with them, i was told about a good dog called gimp a couple of years back but of mastiff blood is it the same?.best of luck with them.

I wouldnt like to say what breed he was as i didnt own him, all i know is that he did the biz and produced decent stuff, unfortunately went before his time, the good ones always do, so his offspring are few and far between, luckily for me i have 3 bull crosses with his line and now 2 new additions, dasch and xena. I have managed to get some pics of the gimp though, from his old owner, you can tell he was a tool.

I saw a DVD of the Gimp working, cant find the bloody thing now, but the dog I saw working wasn't for the feignt hearted, the right sort of stuff to use for breeding. It's good to see someone with a breeding programme in mind and keeping lines fairly close, I wish you well with it. By the way, the pups are as good as I have ever seen, reared with no expense spared and the right know how, a credit to you L&L.

ATB

WAB :victory:

Just wondered, have you had anyone elseshowing interest from Ireland? Where would your nearest Greyhound Stadium be, thinking on making enquiries on transport. They look very healthy strong pups and the dam and sire are fine looking dogs. What age are the Dam and Sire how many seasons have you been working them? What dog meal have they been on and what wormers jabs have they had.

i have one bitch pup going to ireland either next weekend or the weekend after. the lad is travelling over and we are either meeting him at fishguard or he is bringing his car and driving up to us.

sire is nearly 5, the dam is nearly 3. Sire has been worked from 12/15 months old, freinds of ours owned him before us. the sire was sold onto us becasue the lad who bought him didnt really know what he was doing with him, we got him at about 2 yrs old and have worked him ourselves since then. The dam was worked from about 10/11 months old and we bought the dam at 18 months old because my partner saw her work on a couple of occasions and liked what he saw.

The pups have been fed on beta puppy and wormed with panacur 10% every 2 weeks. they havent had any jabs yet.

Im not sure where our nearest greyhound track is but i could find out, or i could speak to declan who is travelling from ireland to pick his bitch up and maybe pass on your details or something.

Actually I dont think I would be interested, I would not buy a pup from a Bitch so young and would never breed a bitch of that age myself, I also read through some old posts and there seems to have been some confusion about the parentage of the bitch. Well best of luck anyway.

Yes the lad we bought her off told us she was 1st cross, we didnt think she was but we bought her on her working not her breeding so it didn't matter much to us what her breeding was. He then told us someone bred her who we contacted and it turned out it wasnt him who bred her, so when we lined her i researched back to the true breeder who happens to be a member on here, he told me the exact breeding which was as we suspected, 3/8 5/8. Not only that, he also told us that the dam to our bitch was sired by the gimp which was a bonus as the other 2 bull crosses we have are also gimp lines.

I saw a DVD of the Gimp working, cant find the bloody thing now, but the dog I saw working wasn't for the feignt hearted, the right sort of stuff to use for breeding. It's good to see someone with a breeding programme in mind and keeping lines fairly close, I wish you well with it. By the way, the pups are as good as I have ever seen, reared with no expense spared and the right know how, a credit to you L&L.

ATB

WAB :victory:

Thank you wab