Gun Reviews

• 2 months later...

Guest baldie

i will do one on the .204 ruger, which will arrive anyday, if anyone is interested? it will be a test of the ruger vt, but more a test of the new calibre, which falls bullet size wise, between a .17, and a .22, built on a .222 mag case, which is longer than a .223, and better ballistics at 500 yard than a .220 swift, reputedly, a vastly superior fox round, than all the .22 centrefires, anyone interested?

G O FOR IT BALD MAN LOL I WOULD LOVE TO HERE THIS STUFF :11: PS THE 220 SWIFT IS PISH ITS THAT FAST IT CANT EVEN TAKE HITTING A DROP OF RAIN. SO I WOULD LOVE TO SEE HOW THIS SUPPER FAST .222 WORKS :diablo: .

. hOW LONG DOSE IT TAKE YOU LOT TO DO A REVIEW. PS WE KNOW WHY YOU PICKED THAT CALIBRE PEG BECAUSE ITS FOR GAYS WHO CANT COPE WITH THE KICK WITH OUT FLINCHING. :icon_eek:

Ruger .204!...Praire dog gun!..lol.

We have one here, and now we have a .22-250 it hardly gets used...no knock down power at all...as soon as those little bullets hit anything they explode!...my mate has had a few Bobcats and rabbits with it though....it is a real tac driver though...one of the most accurate guns ive ever shot...we have shot rabbits up to four hundred yards with it...for anything bigger than hares there crap, imo...i have hit three coyotes with it and i have had to track them along way!...if you hit a rib, it leaves a nasty flesh wound, and imo, you should always be as humane as you can...hence why its been sat in the gun cabinet since we got the .22-250...that thing is a GREAT coyote rifle imo.

Good luck Baldie.

Guest baldie

Only shot 20 round through it so far, and its already more accurate than my .223, put 5 in less than 3/4" at 100.Regarding quarry kye, i dont know yet, but a fox aint a coyote is it?and from the vids ive seen, if you hit one with owt less than a 22-250 in the rib , or shoulder they run anyway? A lot of folk in the states think its a great coyote round, but a lot[ like yourself dont] i would say, shot placement is more of an issue, however a front end shot on a fox would do the trick with this calibre i think.The beauty of it, it shoots so flat, a bit like the .17hmr, dead easy to shoot accuratly.I was gonna take some pics last weekend, but the wife was in, and she dont know i,ve been to te gunshop yet again :blink: will get to it shortly, shortage of ammo, especially cases is the problem at the minute, the yanks are buying up all the cases, cos its prairie dog season i think, there isnt a piece of brass to be had in england.

No SV i havent, sorry..

Yeah Baldie, there a few that like it...most of the fur hunters i know prefer the .223...less damage and the rounds are real cheap...the .17 hasnt realy got much of a following over here, although i realy like the gun...i have put 30 rounds through a 1" with ours...had some great head shots on rabbits.

We sell our brass on ebay, and that helps to keep the costs down on the .204 ammo.

For foxs, over here the most popular calibre seems to be .22 Mag. Im talking about fur hunters again though.

Ive said it before, but i have had alot of fun and killed a huge amount of game with the Ruger 10/22 and Solid nosed Federal ammo.

I killed a Coyote at 125 yards (back of the head) with that little gun. Cheap ammo, no big deal if you break it and if kept clean, real reliable. Have fun Baldie, the .204 sure is a sniper type tool, i hope you do well with it.

Kye..