rspca my arse

got home from work friday and like normal went out to feed the ferrets.while filling the water bottle my year old jill managed to escape,i looked everywhere but no luck.by now it was getting late so the only thing to do was to set a little trap with a bit of fresh meat.i checked the trap the next morning but no luck,i asked around my area if anybody had seen it but no luck.On sunday i thought i would ring the rspca and see if they had picked it up but they told me that the collection officers were not in untill yesterday and they would get them to ring me asap.when they adventualy rung me they told me it was handed in to them by a member of the public and they keeped it for 24 hours but because nobody reported it by then they put it to sleep.I strongly believe they should have waited or rehomed her not ended her life anyone agree? :icon_redface:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

got home from work friday and like normal went out to feed the ferrets.while filling the water bottle my year old jill managed to escape,i looked everywhere but no luck.by now it was getting late so the only thing to do was to set a little trap with a bit of fresh meat.i checked the trap the next morning but no luck,i asked around my area if anybody had seen it but no luck.On sunday i thought i would ring the rspca and see if they had picked it up but they told me that the collection officers were not in untill yesterday and they would get them to ring me asap.when they adventualy rung me they told me it was handed in to them by a member of the public and they keeped it for 24 hours but because nobody reported it by then they put it to sleep.I strongly believe they should have waited or rehomed her not ended her life anyone agree? :icon_redface:
low life c**ts.if it wasa fox with mange they would have spent a fortune on it.they knew it was for hunting.feel for yer mate :(

That is a disgrace!

24 hours to report it to them- i am sorry but i cannot see how that would be a fair amount of time .I can understand holding an animal for only a set period before rehoming but i cannot see how they have waited for an owner ,tried to rehome but failed all within a 24 hour period!

I am really sorry to hear about this- poor ferret

there is an interview i watched somewhere that was talking about how the rspca are no longer a charity, they are an animal rights group, i personally think they are a bunch of half wit wanna be vets that play god with peoples lives and animals lives too. If they spent their donations on animal housing feed etc etc they would have had plenty of room for the ferret AND im pretty sure there is a 7 day period that they have to keep a found animal, think that might be law but not 100% sure

ps sign my petition http://www.(!64.56:886/l.php?u=http%3A%2F...60baf0e00450916

I definatley agree, have a had a run in with the rspca myself, a few years ago whilst out riding I came accross a field with 3 ponies in it, each of these ponies had headcollars on and they had obviously been on them for some time as their skin had grown over parts of them and they had sores where the headcollars were. Later I went up to the field and actually cut the headcollars off (had slapped wrists for this) I took a roll of haylage up for them as their was no evidence of them ever having any and the field was almost bare, I rang the rspca and met them up their, all I as I was told was Oh they have got running water and off they went. nSince then I have not been a great lover of the rspca as these ponies were obviously suffering. Needless to sayapprox 10 years later the owner was sent to prison (but not because of these ponies).

they are fooking useless i lost my border/russel cross (right side in my pic) from my smallholding whilst working, got him listed as missing sameday with a good discription any way no luck

about 10 days later i saw a couple walking the footpath next to my holding with my bloody dog, they had rehomed him from the rspca turns out he had been handed in on the same day in the same village but they said it didnt match because they thought he was a pure border and i had listed a border cross

do you think he looks pure border, they must employ some really dumb people

put a complaint in, got a call turns out it was all my fault because i listed a border/russel cross which is what he is

next time i will tell them hes a wolfhound and they might get it right (hes chipped now though)

sorry to hear about your jill mate

c**ts they are would not piss on them if thay were on fire wa**ers